OUFC Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Jan 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
This is what annoys me. The Oxford Mail are a newspaper. They are completely independent from Oxford United Football Club. I assume that today, they will be spending the day with the club, or at least in constant contact. Why on earth are they not asking about the latest developments and feeding it back to us. I'm pretty sure Dave Pritchard knows the targets that OUFC are working on today, or the one we are close to signing. So why hasn't the Mail told us? Do some journalism and report it.

If he signs, we'll find out if he is what we need when he plays. Proven players can fail as well, they aren't a sure thing that you seem to be assuming here.
No I’m not assuming but there are players who have carried on from with what they were doing with their previous club. We need someone that will score, ok may not be as prolific as their previous club but still capable of chipping in with some goals. I’m all for up and coming young players but at this precise moment in time it’s not what we need .

This is what annoys me. The Oxford Mail are a newspaper. They are completely independent from Oxford United Football Club. I assume that today, they will be spending the day with the club, or at least in constant contact. Why on earth are they not asking about the latest developments and feeding it back to us. I'm pretty sure Dave Pritchard knows the targets that OUFC are working on today, or the one we are close to signing. So why hasn't the Mail told us? Do some journalism and report it.

Maybe he/the club don't want to make it public until confirmed.

Maybe they don’t want to scupper any potential deal... they might leak whoever it is once he’s actually signed something.

They have the deadline day blog going, so will report what there is to report, but surely it is better that they keep any dealings quiet that they are asked to in order to avoid any more gazumping than leak everything just so we can get a name a few hours earlier than otherwise.
For what it matters - their latest comment:

"12:00pm

Don't confuse a lack of concrete news for inactivity. That signing Karl was talking about earlier is still on track."

Make or Break day for Karl Robinson.

This isn't about money, this is about a criminal disregard to planning properly, an absolutely disgusting record of signings in the Summer of his mates who were injured or prone to injury and probably, albeit I can't vouch for this, a worrying inability to convince players to join this relegation battle.

I, at the moment, refuse to believe Jerome Sinclair would be the only incoming player, if he's coming at all. I still wonder if something is in the Hylton rumours and we're negotiating.

I know everyone is having a pop at Tiger, but this I do not believe is about 'TRANSFER MONEY' not being available.

Tiger and the Board will not be staking a survival bid on a loan kid who has scored one career goal to date.

Been working down a pit with no mobile all morning, bit disappointing coming up for lunch and no signing but hopefully better luck after my lunch break.

The big question is obviously how many more transfer windows can Bazzer take?

No I’m not assuming but there are players who have carried on from with what they were doing with their previous club. We need someone that will score, ok may not be as prolific as their previous club but still capable of chipping in with some goals. I’m all for up and coming young players but at this precise moment in time it’s not what we need .

Again, until (if) he plays you don't know if he is what we need as Roofe, McAleny and Hylton demonstrated. He could be anywhere between an utter failure to an incredible success.

For example, Jayden Stockley was a bit rubbish until he got to Exeter. Based on your comments about Sinclair; you would have wanted him after playing for Exeter but not before Exeter yet still the same player.

If true it goes to show what a crap option we are, a crap board, and a crap manager, nothing for a player to want to come here

Assuming we were actually in for him, don't know one way or another as I'm not ITK.

Back
Top Bottom