OUFC Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Jan 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
We need someone who can run and run and run.
And is tall and can head those crosses into the back of the net.

Anyone else think the waiting game hasn’t worked and we have missed out on our top targets? Prey the signing is good but preparing to be underwhelmed.

I just look forward to the window being closed and we know where we’re at in terms of bodies and can just focus on getting points on the table.

Anyone else think the waiting game hasn’t worked and we have missed out on our top targets? Prey the signing is good but preparing to be underwhelmed.

I just look forward to the window being closed and we know where we’re at in terms of bodies and can just focus on getting points on the table.

I’m sure we have missed out on lots of targets, but there are definitely issues that will put potential signings off. For example, the rumour that players were getting paid late at the end of last year, coinciding with when our form dropped. And the fact that we are in a relegation dog fight.
We will sign someone, but it isn’t going to be a “wow” i fear........

Well following on from Robinson's comments it will become apparent if the player comes in isn't a player deemed to be on 'big money'!

Not sure that it's really been a policy to wait till the end, this window has been really slow and almost certainly will take off today and that's been the case for most clubs and I'm sure none of them have chosen to leave it till the last day.

I've always wondered why clubs wait till the end of the window when they've probably played for a 5 games in January and by making these moves early surely that would have been beneficial but clearly there is a trickle down effect of all transfers and the likes of us who are at the bottom of the food chain cannot simply make deals happen because it suits us we are so reliant on what else happens in the rest of the structure

Sadly we just have to be patient and have to see almost what's left at the end because whether we like it or not at this moment in time for a number of reasons we are not particularly attractive proposition

• React
Reactions: Ian
Wow, Eastbourne Borough have just signed a striker - what have they got that we havn't ? (apart from a striker !!!!!) We need our leader to give them a ring for some experienced advice. !!

A few folk seem to know who the loan player is...sounding like youth that hasn't done a whole lot...

There is a real possibility the longer this deadline day goes if and it is an if we get a striker it will be a big underwhelming moment

I live around the corner from the training ground. Might pop in and have a look.

Ah yay, 1 league goal in his career
Wasn’t he the one who messed Lord Wilder and Sheffield United around on transfer deadline day last season. There was a mini documentary made covering SUFC on deadline day.

Back
Top Bottom