OUFC staff and players.....

Weird for us I suppose, but the King is a massive massive deal in Thailand and largely revered.

It was very odd and particularly to declare as such on behalf of the club (and specifically players and staff). Even to use the club’s account to make a political gesture on behalf of Tiger would be worrying, but to involve to whole club is strange - even if it is on largely safe ground and unlikely to offend.

Would love to know the Communication Team’s reaction to being asked to schedule such a Tweet. They were delighted I’m sure!

Long live the king. Be a laugh if he showed up in one of the boxes next season.

I couldn't see the club doing similar for a new queen or PM. Was far too political for my liking.

Football is football, keep politics out of it! (n)
Especially when the message is from one person only...use your own (or your missus's) Twitter in between posting pictures of first-class air travel if you want to pay tribute.

Unusual thing to do.

Just checked to see if Leicester had made a similar statement. I couldn’t see one on their website but didn’t check other social-media channels.

Unusual thing to do.

Just checked to see if Leicester had made a similar statement. I couldn’t see one on their website but didn’t check other social-media channels.

They definitely were active around the death of the previous monarch:

Can imagine if you are a Thai businessman abroad, if they want to reach out to this market, providing these courtesies are more essential than we realise.

Back
Top Bottom