General OUFC Quiz book- errors!

Sarge

God like member
Available ( presumably in the club shop )

Oxford United quiz book by Chris Carpenter (2021/2022 season edition)

If it is indeed on sale in the club shop, it appears certain Facts ....as well as other potentially subjective 'statements' ....havent been checked

Glaring errors include(along with additional answer information which is either erroneous or misleading)

Q2 - what is Oxford United's nickname? The blues, the greens , the yellows

A2 states Oxford United's OFFICIAL nickname is The yellows

Which is wrong OUFC official nickname is The U's

There are plenty more errors too
Including Q70- in the last 5 league games against Swindon, how many have Swindon won? 0, 1,2

A70 claims swindon havent won a league game against Oxford in a very long time. The last time swindon beat oxford over 90 mins was March 2001.

As this is the 2021/2022 season edition, this is wrong (as much as id prefer it to be right) last seasons home game behind covid closed doors ended in a 1-2 disaster after a calamateous couple of minutes saw defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!
This could and shouldve been updated imo

Q73 what is considered the 'Main stand '? East stand, north stand, south stand

A73- the south stand is the main structure of the stadium, housing the changing rooms, the club offices, 28 glassfronted executive boxes and a conference centre

Subjective answer imo, since when has 'facilities' defined what constitutes a main stand?....north stand has the biggest capacity, east stand is behind the goal .... personally i dont agree that the south stand is the 'main stand', (even though i sit in ssl)

Q93 -who started the 2021/22 season as club captain?
Joel Cooper, Liam Kelly, John Mouhinio

A93 states PORTUGUESE defender John Moushinio started 2021/22 season as club captain ....isnt Mous ENGLISH?

Q100 - which of these 'celebrities' support the club? Richrd Branson, Tim Henman, Timmy Mallett

A100- Branson, Henman and Mallett are all supporters of the club. Give yourself a bonus point if you knew that

Hmmmmmm not sure that claim is entirely correct.... Branson's kids n Henman's dad have been spotted at games but .....!!!!

Given there has been a cursory 2021/22 update ....Q66 - who is the current club sponsor? Amazing Thailand, EB Charging, Singha Beer

A66 - EB Charging
( though arent they the shirt sponsor or does sponsoring the shirt equate to being club sponsor?)

This has been updated so why not other updates too ...and imo someone at the club really SHOULD check the facts before allowing it to be published

That said , its given me something to have a grumble about, so i guess that kinda makes me happy ...haha

Sure am cheers

[emoji1303]

482597b0ce36a4e82864751fc2665b2f.jpg

Got given the same book by the way, so no spoilers!

A93 states PORTUGUESE defender John Moushinio started 2021/22 season as club captain ....isnt Mous ENGLISH?
Mous' father is Portuguese.

Perhaps they were referencing the little known fact that Mous is the chairman of the Portuguese Footballers' Association......

It's not an official club product so wouldn't be fact checked by them.

In fact, Chris Carpenter writes and has written numerous football quiz books. (84 of them according to goodreads.com)

An earlier edition had our Milk Cup win in the wrong year.

Available ( presumably in the club shop )

Oxford United quiz book by Chris Carpenter (2021/2022 season edition)

If it is indeed on sale in the club shop, it appears certain Facts ....as well as other potentially subjective 'statements' ....havent been checked

Glaring errors include(along with additional answer information which is either erroneous or misleading)

Q2 - what is Oxford United's nickname? The blues, the greens , the yellows

A2 states Oxford United's OFFICIAL nickname is The yellows

Which is wrong OUFC official nickname is The U's

There are plenty more errors too
Including Q70- in the last 5 league games against Swindon, how many have Swindon won? 0, 1,2

A70 claims swindon havent won a league game against Oxford in a very long time. The last time swindon beat oxford over 90 mins was March 2001.

As this is the 2021/2022 season edition, this is wrong (as much as id prefer it to be right) last seasons home game behind covid closed doors ended in a 1-2 disaster after a calamateous couple of minutes saw defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!
This could and shouldve been updated imo

Q73 what is considered the 'Main stand '? East stand, north stand, south stand

A73- the south stand is the main structure of the stadium, housing the changing rooms, the club offices, 28 glassfronted executive boxes and a conference centre

Subjective answer imo, since when has 'facilities' defined what constitutes a main stand?....north stand has the biggest capacity, east stand is behind the goal .... personally i dont agree that the south stand is the 'main stand', (even though i sit in ssl)

Q100 - which of these 'celebrities' support the club? Richrd Branson, Tim Henman, Timmy Mallett

A100- Branson, Henman and Mallett are all supporters of the club. Give yourself a bonus point if you knew that

Hmmmmmm not sure that claim is entirely correct.... Branson's kids n Henman's dad have been spotted at games but .....!!!!

Given there has been a cursory 2021/22 update ....Q66 - who is the current club sponsor? Amazing Thailand, EB Charging, Singha Beer

A66 - EB Charging
( though arent they the shirt sponsor or does sponsoring the shirt equate to being club sponsor?)

This has been updated so why not other updates too ...and imo someone at the club really SHOULD check the facts before allowing it to be published

That said , its given me something to have a grumble about, so i guess that kinda makes me happy ...haha
Good work Sarge!
They've also got this one wrong...
a) Sarge
b) Rosemary the telephone operator
c) Henry the mild-mannered janitor

- it says c) but it is actually Penry, not Henry. Henry is the footballer.

Back
Top Bottom