OUFC financial chappy on 5 min Fans Forum

I guess that they have the right guy to ask with regard to the financial situation.

i was quite impressed with him. Didn’t shy away from answering any questions. Basically said his hands are tied regarding the money coming into the country on time and it’s down to the owners/shareholders on how much they want to fund the club and make up the shortfalls in revenue. Sounded a tad frustrated at times. Also said it was the decision of some staff to stay to stay away from work when they weren’t paid, and said he couldn’t blame them.

i was quite impressed with him. Didn’t shy away from answering any questions. Basically said his hands are tied regarding the money coming into the country on time and it’s down to the owners/shareholders on how much they want to fund the club and make up the shortfalls in revenue. Sounded a tad frustrated at times. Also said it was the decision of some staff to stay to stay away from work when they weren’t paid, and said he couldn’t blame them.
got his own catchphrases too ....' reset in July' ..... 'our hands are tied' ...to mention two, both used a few times in 5 mins

got his own catchphrases too ....' reset in July' ..... 'our hands are tied' ...to mention two, both used a few times in 5 mins
My feeling was that he’s put the ball into Tigers court with regards to how the club is being run. If things carry on as they are next season after the summer ‘reboot’ I don’t think he’ll hang around too long

Which supports the theory that the questions are pre-selected and really awkward ones not picked as usual.

I thought he spoke well and honestly. Sounds like an almost constant struggle for him to get funds in place to pay bills. 'Chasing it all the time, months in advance' is roughly what he said, which is a bit worrying. Hopefully that improves over the coming months when he can sit down and plan accordingly.

£2.5 million is a large chunk of money, but it leads me to an important question for Tiger the next time he's on: does he expect that to be repaid, or will it be written off? The FD didn't sound sure either way, which given his role, I thought he may have known with a little more certainty.

Good listen.

I thought he spoke well and honestly. Sounds like an almost constant struggle for him to get funds in place to pay bills. 'Chasing it all the time, months in advance' is roughly what he said, which is a bit worrying. Hopefully that improves over the coming months when he can sit down and plan accordingly.

£2.5 million is a large chunk of money, but it leads me to an important question for Tiger the next time he's on: does he expect that to be repaid, or will it be written off? The FD didn't sound sure either way, which given his role, I thought he may have known with a little more certainty.

Good listen.

I think as fans we need to stop thinking owners will pump millions into the club and never want it back.
Even more reason why the club need to cut budgets where needed and not over spend on needless things.
It is also vital we do sell a player or 2 every couple of years as that is what a club our size needs to do to run at a profit or at least break even.

I think as fans we need to stop thinking owners will pump millions into the club and never want it back.
Even more reason why the club need to cut budgets where needed and not over spend on needless things.
It is also vital we do sell a player or 2 every couple of years as that is what a club our size needs to do to run at a profit or at least break even.
You’re right in fans needing to manage their expectations. That’s why the owners need to hold a full and frank press conference outlining what we can all expect going forward. Otherwise we are left to fill the blanks in and can get carried away with our hopes, dreams and expectations. If Tiger and the board spelt out what they were going to put in, what they expected to get out and what targets they had for the team on the pitch and the club as a whole off it, the fan base could see the whole picture and understand the challenges the owners faced a whole lot better. I still don’t understand why we’re getting nothing but shallow sound bites.

Yes keep selling players... yes keep rebuilding every season...Yes keep loaning players from other clubs...Yes keep watching as we take one step forward and three back

Yes keep selling players... yes keep rebuilding every season...Yes keep loaning players from other clubs...Yes keep watching as we take one step forward and three back
But what's the alternative? The club is losing a couple of mill a year as it is. If we didn't sell players the debt would only increase. We sign players like Nelson who can now leave for nothing, or Hanson who we're stuck with for another 3 years. Loanees potential offer better players, cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom