OUFC financial chappy on 5 min Fans Forum

It is I thought?

As for buying the ground then questions need to be asked of the lenegans when Barclays ok’d a mortgage to buy the ground at Kassam’s asking price but for what ever reason they decided not to do it.

Given that he wasn't asked about it, he hardly ducked the question! It's a Q & A, and he answered what he was asked.

Give the bloke a chance.

The question is, why wasn’t there a question about the WUP I guess Colin?

The question is, why wasn’t there a question about the WUP I guess Colin?
Possibly the question was edited out, but in effect the answers he gave on the budget having been incorrectly set in July and the way the club is being financed from abroad explained why the WUPs are happening. He also said April was always a tight month for all football clubs so I'm half expecting other problems.

Maybe I should have added that there would have to be a covenant in place that the ground can only be used for sport
What like a bowling alley, snooker hall etc
It would be interesting to know what sort of covenant is on the ground, is there an expiry date.
Would there ever be a situation where the covenant would be lifted? and for what purpose for either party.

What like a bowling alley, snooker hall etc
It would be interesting to know what sort of covenant is on the ground, is there an expiry date.
Would there ever be a situation where the covenant would be lifted? and for what purpose for either party.

Covenants can be very long term. Our postcode has a covenant that it can`t have a pub built anywhere within it, the landowner was a draconian teetotaler and that has run since 1885.........

I've just listened to that.

I thought that Tim Davies was the most impressive of the club (as opposed to team) management that has been on this five minute forum so far. He managed that because he simply answered the questions that were put to him. It didn't paint a happy picture, but at least he told us the truth (presumably, because he didn't sugar coat anything).

Covenants can be very long term. Our postcode has a covenant that it can`t have a pub built anywhere within it, the landowner was a draconian teetotaler and that has run since 1885.........
On the other hand, I have brought out a covenant on a land "ransom strip" before..

I hope you are joking about point 2.
The last thing OUFC need is for someone to put the club and ground together, a recipe for disaster, we could end up with a nice shiny shopping complex but playing at court farm place, would you seriously trust the owners to do the best for the club over themselves if you give them a free reign.

My preference would still be Community owned stadium but the club gets a good lease to maximise the potential.

So finally voices within the club hanging Tiger out to dry for what he is. When the FD speaks in such terms it’s pretty damning.

An interesting listen, but very worrying.

He came across very honestly and open which was good. I felt there was an underlying frustration with the situation, certainly in the way the company was structured with monies from the far east.

Really worrying was the fact that the investment in the club could well be debt the club will have to pay back at somepoint. This is a real big alarm bell.

Mentioning the contracts in the interview was interesting, are they player contracts or are they stadium contracts etc? bit weird that.

I'm expecting more winding up orders in April and May sadly.

He did seemed powerless to get funds, more a case of asking the shareholders to fund the cashflow. So who are these shareholders and can OxVox clarify their position in regards to loans/debt made to the club?

It will be interesting to see the impact he has when "all" of the board meet at the end of this month and he can get the point across in person.

Back
Top Bottom