Chairman Oufc brand/rebrand?

Sarge

God like member
My sceptical and cynical outlook as well as suspicious tendencies are kicking in ...... main concern being if tiger heads off in a misguided rebranding of OUFC that results in a similar situation as Cardiff city.....as in their home shirt colour changed from red to blue, and didn't their crazy owner against the fanbase's wishes change Cardiff 's nickname from bluebirds to dragons along with other unwanted by the fans changes too? .....rebranding OUFC has implications that are concerning to say the least

I am pretty sure he won't meddle with the colours, ever. But might with the logo in the future.
Reason enough to be concerned methinks.....marketing and merchandise needs improving for certain, logo/badge on the shirt however doesn't IMO, under DE logo/shirtbadge reverted to arguably the most popular with the supporters design. Im happy with the logo/shirtbadge ....though not being the bowtie wearer my opinion counts for nothing

Traditionally, Thai's put great stock in colours which are "lucky" for each day of the week and fortunately HM Maha Vajiralongkor, the king of Thailand, was born on a Monday, which makes that colour esecially lucky to wear.

Monday's luck colour is yellow.

Saturdays lucky colour is purple, so the goalie should be charmed

He was right when he said our merchandise was shite.

I heard him talking about Oxford and it being known as a city worldwide, well yes for the colleges etc. I think he's not understanding that OUFC is a completely different entity and has its own identity.

We are town and they others are gown, apart from the quality of merchandise I am not sure what else you can do with the OUFC brand.

I do not want us to lose our clubs individual identity and become just another bit of tat that's sold in those shops with the nodding Mr Bean things!

My sceptical and cynical outlook as well as suspicious tendencies are kicking in ...... main concern being if tiger heads off in a misguided rebranding of OUFC that results in a similar situation as Cardiff city.....as in their home shirt colour changed from red to blue, and didn't their crazy owner against the fanbase's wishes change Cardiff 's nickname from bluebirds to dragons along with other unwanted by the fans changes too? .....rebranding OUFC has implications that are concerning to say the least

Their Home shirts actually changed from blue to red old boy, but we know what you mean ;)

Back
Top Bottom