Chairman OUFC AGM Aug 9th

Sarge

God like member
apparently being held at the Training ground 2.30pm Friday Aug 9th

awaiting (official) confirmation by post

To paraphrase Douglas Adams:

“But the AGM agenda and details were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar at the training ground to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the details, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. They were on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Nile Ranger.”

apparently being held at the Training ground 2.30pm Friday Aug 9th

awaiting (official) confirmation by post

postie has delivered ... AGM, or as its apparently been rebranded by Tiger , GM (General Meeting) officially confirmed :)

67333916_2377925452423378_1047676247301160960_n.jpg

Interesting that they want 2 sets of accounts accepted. Wonder how much bad news is buried in 2017?

Interesting that they want 2 sets of accounts accepted. Wonder how much bad news is buried in 2017?
.... I'm getting my Fellow of ACCA accountant landlady to cast an eye over both sets & transtale them into understandable to the layman 'format' over the weekend... see what she thinks to the accounts info provided

I suspect the reason for voting on 2 sets of accounts is just they are playing catch-up after no AGM last year.

I suspect the reason for voting on 2 sets of accounts is just they are playing catch-up after no AGM last year.
But they don't need to do it, or either. Why the dog and pony show for that without a reason?

But they don't need to do it, or either. Why the dog and pony show for that without a reason?
You are right, there is no longer a legal requirement to do either (unless it's set out in the rules of the company). However, most plc's I'm aware of still do but not so sure of private companies like OUFC.
Maybe Tiger is just holding the AGM to assuage the protests of a certain shareholder!

You are right, there is no longer a legal requirement to do either (unless it's set out in the rules of the company). However, most plc's I'm aware of still do but not so sure of private companies like OUFC.
Maybe Tiger is just holding the AGM to assuage the protests of a certain shareholder!
Presumably the accounts were signed off by the Directors long ago because the club would have been fined by CH? It's good to see them discuss them with shareholders and presumably allow some open talk about cash flow and future planning.

I don't think there is anything in the company rules but nonetheless, a strange bit of procedure!

Daft question, can I buy shares in my club? Or are they held by Tiger etc?

For those with the 2018 accounts how much did it cost the club to terminate Clotet’s contract?

Anyone attending the AGM and able to give updates? Or are the club running any links? Got Daddy Daycare duties today in exchange for being allowed to go tomorrow!!!

@Sarge ?

Anyone attending the AGM and able to give updates? Or are the club running any links? Got Daddy Daycare duties today in exchange for being allowed to go tomorrow!!!

@Sarge ?
I couldn't make this GM myself sadly, ( hasn't been one for a few years now- hence General Meeting, not Annual GM), not on a Friday afternoon, with pre-commissioned work commitments to honour with looming deadlines for completion,... I appointed a very trusted proxy to attend on my behalf, I hope to have feedback later this afternoon/evening... that said, there are (at least) 4 other YF contributors of who Im aware of 2 definitely attending today's GM, hopefully there will be some insight from the GM at some point soonish- not being there myself Im unaware whether the local media (rad Ox and OM ) have been invited to sit in on the GM?...... I'd expect the GM, and usual informal 'chat' afterwards, to be concluded by 3.30-4pm?

It will be interesting to see what information is given out at this meeting. Hopefully we can get some good feedback from those attending.
@WestOxon U’s The accounts don't list those payments so it would be a question to ask, not that you'll get any answer. Will be covered under confidentiality agreements.
Two sets of accounts as the latest was revised. Both are open to view on the Companies House site: OUFC Ltd.

nothing? worse than transfer news lol
to be fair, GMs or AGMs rarely, if ever , provide any in depth information, certainly from the official part of the meeting.. Accounts submitted are over a year old, or as in the case of this afternoons GM, over 2 years and over 1 year old.

Where any snippets of insight or gems of information can (sometimes) be gleaned is during the informal 'chat' following the official part of the meeting.

Had a very brief overview/ report back from this afternoon's GM

In a nutshell, it was a positive meeting, Tiger and Co have cleared up a lot of the 'mess' they inherited,
without the current board having sorted a variety of problems and issues out, OUFC would now be very deep in the smelly brown stuff.

Back
Top Bottom