Open letter to OUFC board

The only nugget in there is the substantial support that Horst and Erick have given to the club. My guess is money, but hard to know

The only nugget in there is the substantial support that Horst and Erick have given to the club. My guess is money, but hard to know
We are of course left to guess though. Because it’s deliberately written so loosely that one could later say “emotional support” or “they took a look at my business plan and told me there was a spelling error on the title”.

We could have guessed the same detail on our own and it’s very far removed from answering the clear intent of the Oxvox well written question

So we'll just have to be patient then. I personally am waiting for the transfer window to get an idea if the funds are available, firstly for Karl. If we get a few good players of the desired type then I will extend my patience through to the summer.

Other questions still need answering but I can wait.

I was going to pick up on this.

“ Erick and Horst have also given the club substantial support since joining the board and continuously advise me on various matters”

I interpreted that as they were on the board in an advisory capacity. I accept it could mean financial support though. Hard to tell..

So why wait for the programme notes? Why not release a proper statement? All that to say nothing. Where is the proper and polite response direct to Oxvox?
Just more of the same mushroom fodder.
Something really, really stinks.

I’m not holding my breath on seeing all the members of the board together in the same room!

Fair to say:

1. It’s well pitched to show empathy and appropriate levels of frustration and embarrassment. The whole persona of we’re on the same side.

2. Draws on successes of the youth team

3. Tells us absolutely nothing as to why this all happened and hides behind the cunning smokescreen of “if I could tell you I would but I can’t”

4. Tells us nothing more about the board. This is particularly concerning as that seems like a pretty easy win to share such basics and I can’t quite envisage in what circumstances there would be an issue unless they’re of course irrelevant and contributing nothing except status and the false suggestion of cash

Slightly better constructed than I imagined but still empty as hell and raises further concerns in my opinion

Alert ? levels raised from Amber to Red.
Agreed. One of the most patronising, unilluminating piles of horsesh!t I’ve read for quite some time.

I was going to pick up on this.

“ Erick and Horst have also given the club substantial support since joining the board and continuously advise me on various matters”

I interpreted that as they were on the board in an advisory capacity. I accept it could mean financial support though. Hard to tell..
Sadly that advice didn’t seem to include “Pay the tax bill”.

What a load of absolute pish. I genuinely fear for the future of the club under this charlatan's leadership.

I get the feeling Tiger has uncovered a few things since he took over that he was expecting from the Eales era. A bit like when IL took full control of the club once Thomas left.

3. Tells us absolutely nothing as to why this all happened and hides behind the cunning smokescreen of “if I could tell you I would but I can’t”
Re-reading the notes, this really sets the bell clanging for me.

HMRC sent the club a tax bill. The club didn’t pay it.
HMRC got a winding up petition. The club still didn’t pay.
HMRC published the petition causing the club’s accounts to be frozen. The bill finally gets paid (or at least that’s what we’ve been told!)

Where is the mystery in this? How is this not down to the club’s negligence?

The only way this can be laid at the door of “outside factors” is if there were some other bills which swallowed up all the money before they got round to the tax bill. Which rather shines a spotlight on the claim that OUFC is being run as a sustainable football club...

A joke of a response. Regarding the other board members there is no reason at all they couldnt give ten minutes to the website on their background, involvement and aims.

Back
Top Bottom