Open letter to OUFC board

My guess is no one will hear anything until they read Tiger’s programme notes on Saturday, and they won’t tell us anything of value.

Yep, the lack of response is very telling. Its either bad or worse. Either theres something they dont want to tell us, or they dont really care.

We are assuming that the club haven't been talking to Oxvox?
I wouldn't be amazed if they were but we are in the dark.

The lack of response is unacceptable. It’s become clear the board have no interest in engaging with fans or the supporters trust with any meaningful information. In fact the club couldn’t even muster a holding reply to my own email of 2 weeks ago so they aren’t interested in engaging with anyone who raises concerns.

This puts Oxvox in a tough spot as they’ve been clear with their displeasure in the recent public letter and id presume they will have to come out with a further statement now that highlights their frustration and disappointment that the club fails to engage in answering any of their questions.

It appears the mushroom treatment from the owner ,directors /board towards the fan base continues

I think people just have to understand there is a different level of openness which may be partly cultural. Charlie has laid bare all of the finances at Sunderland to get the fans onside with their project. Accrington similar, to show how difficult football can be.

So jumping up and down demanding answers gets us nowhere.

I understand the cultural reference Mark, but to continue accepting this sort of treatment by our board would send them entirely the wrong message; that we are happy with the status quo. Fair to say we are not.
Wasnt forelock tugging a 19th C trait 'encoraged' by the monied elite , & expected from the proles? .... Current total lack of respect to the fanbase by OUFC owner is topically near Dickensian!....with OUFC supporters begging bowl in hand for information as in "please sir may I have some more" !

I think people just have to understand there is a different level of openness which may be partly cultural. Charlie has laid bare all of the finances at Sunderland to get the fans onside with their project. Accrington similar, to show how difficult football can be.

And not jumping up and down demanding answers gets us where?

I don't believe supporters should accept the level of openness that the club's acting management is prepared to give us.

I feel positively outraged by the utter contempt shown by the owner/board to the fanbase.

Will I attend the game on Saturday? You betcha.

I expect the programmes notes on Saturday to be the usual smoke and mirrors bullshit from our glorious leader.

They should stop playing the eye of the tiger and replace it with what's new pussycat!

Then he needs to recognize that he’s bought a british football club and that he needs to assimilate and adapt to the native culture. You don’t go to Japan and keep your shoes on and expect to get very far.

I would say that if Oxvox have had an adequate response that can’t be shared and that they are willing to back the board then now is the time to say as much. However if not they should send out a second press release after Saturday highlighting their displeasure. Because if this is as grubby as it all feels they will want to look back and know that they elevated their concern early enough that the supporters could start to mobilize in sufficient time.

I expect the programmes notes on Saturday to be the usual smoke and mirrors bullshit from our glorious leader.

They should stop playing the eye of the tiger and replace it with what's new pussycat!

Christ, it hadn’t dawned on me until your post that this was the reason we play that godawful song at matches.

Far worse a crime than unpaid tax bills in my eyes (or ears)!

They are only playing Tigers ringtone, what’s wrong with that!

• React
Reactions: MJB
Seven days ago, OxVox told us this:

"He [Thanakarnjanasuth] apologised for any distress caused to supporters and for his delay in replying to our questions and told us he will make a more comprehensive statement to supporters in the coming days"

To my mind, "coming days" suggests 2 or 3 days, not over a week later. About time some cages were properly rattled...

In just 19 days time we will start to see evidence of the financial position of our owner and his monied board of directors. This is of course the start of the January transfer window and if they have the financial power to improve the team, new players will have been lined up and contracts signed in time for the first week of January. The real proof of the financial abilities of Tiger and his pals is when, who and how many signings are made in January. As for Tigers treatment of the supporters, what else to you expect, he has no intention of sharing anything with the supporters other than sound bites.

Back
Top Bottom