Open letter to OUFC board

Those words were probably meant to show he intends to perform well but the problem is that in a vacuum of any real information, we all start to analyse statements to the nth degree. Clearer communications from the club including some tangible facts would help to mitigate this.....
Agreed, comms are poor but, the biggest errors for me would be the lack of a proper press release and (more importantly) a full and frank reply to OxVox.
A ghost written piece in the programme may be a gesture towards those attending a match but, for those putting in hours of their own time to ensure the club exists, it is quite appalling bad manners and a disgrace on the part of the club.

Was there a large amount of salt to pinch after he told you this?

Got the feeling it was genuine, but none of this whole episode makes sense to me.

He initially insinuated that he didn’t know why the HMRC bill wasn’t paid. I said come on Niall you’re supposed to be the MD, you must know. To which he basically replied by saying that all would be become apparent in time, and that there was absolutely nothing to worry about.

Gave me the impression that something’s happening behind the scenes, but what that is is anyone’s guess.

He initially insinuated that he didn’t know why the HMRC bill wasn’t paid. I said come on Niall you’re supposed to be the MD, you must know. To which he basically replied by saying that all would be become apparent in time, and that there was absolutely nothing to worry about.
If, having received notice that a winding up petition has been issued by the courts, you have the money to pay the outstanding bill, in what logical situation would you NOT pay it until more than three weeks later, and only after the petition has hit the Gazette?

Whichever way you cut it, there is something to worry about. It’s either the lack of funds to pay the bill, or the lack of competence of those running the club to ensure it’s paid. Or both...

If, having received notice that a winding up petition has been issued by the courts, you have the money to pay the outstanding bill, in what logical situation would you NOT pay it until more than three weeks later, and only after the petition has hit the Gazette?

Whichever way you cut it, there is something to worry about. It’s either the lack of funds to pay the bill, or the lack of competence of those running the club to ensure it’s paid. Or both...

Totally agree Myles.

I said to Niall that if there’s nothing to worry about, then why wasn’t the HMRC bill paid on time, it’s doesn’t make sense.

He then said, that Tiger had explained it in his notes. I said, no he didn’t, he just said he would love to explain why the situation got to that point, but wasn’t able to divulge.

The saving grace in all this is, at least we’re doing a lot better on the pitch and long may that continue.

Like I said a few weeks ago, the next 4-6 weeks will be telling, especially with the transfer window. Graham only on loan?

Totally agree Myles.

I said to Niall that if there’s nothing to worry about, then why wasn’t the HMRC bill paid on time, it’s doesn’t make sense.

He then said, that Tiger had explained it in his notes. I said, no he didn’t, he just said he would love to explain why the situation got to that point, but wasn’t able to divulge.

The saving grace in all this is, at least we’re doing a lot better on the pitch and long may that continue.

Like I said a few weeks ago, the next 4-6 weeks will be telling, especially with the transfer window. Graham only on loan?

'Only' bringing in Jordan Graham on loan is a bit of a luxury in my opinion.

I am not excusing the HMRC issue, it's diabolical. However a lot of our fans need a reality check about transfer business. Do you know how many teams in our league would love some of our players on our books? I would be worried if we were at a point where we were bringing in 5 or 6 players in January without no one going out. That's the sign of a team struggling to survive in the league or spending money they don't have.

'Only' bringing in Jordan Graham on loan is a bit of a luxury in my opinion.

I am not excusing the HMRC issue, it's diabolical. However a lot of our fans need a reality check about transfer business. Do you know how many teams in our league would love some of our players on our books? I would be worried if we were at a point where we were bringing in 5 or 6 players in January without no one going out. That's the sign of a team struggling to survive in the league or spending money they don't have.
I agree, are we only allowed 8 loans per season (player :)).

Tiger's programme notes have not convinced anyone. The problem is 100% cash flow & the club has been trying to keep "all the balls in the air" for a long time. Having a Mercedes standing on the drive but no money to put fuel in it just about sums it up.
Tiger needs to come clean PDQ with exactly what type of new investment is coming into the Club via the new faces on the board & to admit how bloody difficult the day-to-day running of the Club is.

The most surprising thing about the article are the responses on here.

It’s as though some people actually expected something other than sound-bites and platitudes.

All the article served to prove is Tiger’s similarity to almost every other owner in our (and most club’s) history. He could still turn it round. He could still be the dream owner but right now he’s another in a long line of disappointments.

We deserve more. We should demand more. We should expect exactly what we got.

i don't see why if their is no major transfer window conclusions can be drawn given it's hardly a month when better players become available or are even willing to move to another club...deals and agreements can be put in place for the summer, i think too many people fall for the sky/jim white and his on location buddies hype.

i don't see why if their is no major transfer window conclusions can be drawn given it's hardly a month when better players become available or are even willing to move to another club...deals and agreements can be put in place for the summer, i think too many people fall for the sky/jim white and his on location buddies hype.
From our point of view, there is a possibility of 1 or 2 of our better players leaving up the ladder, there will be some that haven't quite lived up to expectations leaving, so a mix of players moving around, if you then think we won't be the only club in that position this window there could be players available at the cost and ability we want out there. If players leave we should have replacements lined up already, I would expect all that work has been done already.

From our point of view, there is a possibility of 1 or 2 of our better players leaving up the ladder, there will be some that haven't quite lived up to expectations leaving, so a mix of players moving around, if you then think we won't be the only club in that position this window there could be players available at the cost and ability we want out there. If players leave we should have replacements lined up already, I would expect all that work has been done already.

Shame as we’ve seen the benefit of a settled team.

Despite the pleasing upturn, it only takes a couple of losses on the bounce to change things.

So I reckon we need a ‘sensible’ window. For me we need at least 1 striker, left sided centre back and a left back. No problem with left back replacing Garbutt and him going back.

Assuming we stay out of trouble it would be good to bed in a couple of players who can then hit the ground running next season.

Of course all this depends on having funds available. For that to happen you’d assume an injection of funds is needed. I don’t buy the HMRC issues as simple errors. So it will be an interesting window regardless of what actually happens.

I can see a new owner before christmas ... maybe thohir ... thats the sense I am getting

You may be right but if so, from a Comms perspective, it would strange timing to include a line saying “This is my club now”.

Those was the most telling lines when I read the notes. I may be inferring too much but that seemed to suggest this might relate to things coming out of the woodwork following Tiger’s takeover, rather than related to a new one.

You may be right but if so, from a Comms perspective, it would strange timing to include a line saying “This is my club now”.

Those was the most telling lines when I read the notes. I may be inferring too much but that seemed to suggest this might relate to things coming out of the woodwork following Tiger’s takeover, rather than related to a new one.

May be Tiger realises he paid more than the club was worth!

Just wanted to clarify that two weeks on there is still no response to the Oxvox questions.

So what happens now?

Back
Top Bottom