Open letter to OUFC board

Sarge

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
Has the (above) letter been forwarded/ copied to Oxford Mail/ Times and also BBC Oxford ( both TV and radio) @OxVox ?

Witney Wag

When the club was sold by Eales he sold the soul as well. The new owner just pays lip service to the loyal supporters, he will soon realise that the supporters will not stand for it.

ZeroTheHero

Not much of a reply so far though. Confirms the taxman's been paid and "making sure future HMRC bills will be paid and that processes are in place to improve ongoing cashflow." The second bit of that is business speak for 'I've got no money' IMO!

Let's see what his 'more comprehensive statement' says. Less BS and more detail hopefully. Well done and keep pushing, OxVox!

Junior_1

Been led to believe the situation the club is down to the new directors coming in and the finances attached to them having to cleared from places other than Oufc. Make of that what you will.

Been led to believe the situation the club is down to the new directors coming in and the finances attached to them having to cleared from places other than Oufc. Make of that what you will.
I can understand that - however much you may be 'worth' - it's not necessarily easy to get your hands on significant amounts of liquid cash to shove into OUFC or anywhere else, but am I not right in thinking these new directors are supposed to a) be minted themselves and, b) have influential wealthy friends?

The fact that they can't, between them, quickly get their hands on a relatively meagre million pounds (say) to immediately help cash flow is worrying. Makes you wonder just how important OUFC is to them and how much effort they're putting into 'Project Oxford'.

PC

Is £200,000 really a significant amount to a billionaire? I was led to believe the club board was blessed with at least 2, leaving aside the keeper of the keys.

Top Bottom