Online tickets - Lincoln

Anyone round these parts remember a rather eventful trip to Lincoln?
Something about sausages and the City Vaults (name maybe wrong/different, blame old age and a too much ale) I think it was........................ :ROFLMAO: :unsure: ;)
Think the City Vaults is a Chinese now............... if it ever was a bar.

• React
Reactions: m
Re: Lincoln does Gareth Ainsworth have any ambition? He’s been at Wycombe for six or seven years now
but it looks like a job for life.

I'd argue it is eminently sensible approach considering the ease with which managers are sacked. By staying a long time, he can build the club and its infrastructure in the way he thinks it should be in conjunction with the owners/board while getting decent renumeration/security. Paul Tisdale did the same at Exeter and he has helped build the club off the pitch with its player development model/training ground within clear financial limitations.

Imps fan in peace.

Really looking forward to getting reacquainted with OUFC this season- been a while since we have been in the same league (entirely our fault!).

First time I saw the Imps vs Oxford was Jan '84- absolutely blizzard, freezing cold and a 2-2 draw (there may be OU fans who can remember that one).

Good time to play in my opinion- still unsettled by the last 4 weeks of upheaval and still not fixed on a new manager- loss to Br. Rovers last weekend was not great.

From what I can see you have been given around 790 tickets for the away stand (which holds 1,940) and you'll share it with the home fans aka Luton- can only assume clubs have agreed in advance to offer less than the required 10% ground capacity which would have seen you have around 1,000 tickets.. Also noticed it is all ticket and no POTD either for you. Have had some odd decisions this season (our away day at Wycombe was made no POTD at very short notice) so whether Lincs Police have been very proactive this season, I don't know. SIncil Bank is a very different away day these days but I guess old Plod habits die hard.

There's only one thing I can guarantee on Saturday and that's no snow- other than that, hope you enjoy your day out in the East. The only official away pub is the Square Sail on the Brayford Pool but, for non derby days, almost any pub down the high street will accept away fans who just want to have a pint and a chat. For those culturally minded, the Cathedral quarter (uphill Lincoln) has some cracking real ale pubs and a bit of history to boot.

Finally, the traditional car parking on South Common (circa 400-500 cars) is not available due to the Lincoln Fair so, if driving, parking these days is at a premium around the ground- there's a huge (well, "huge" for Lincoln anyway) new multi storey in Lincoln opposite the railway station (Melville St, Lincoln LN5 7BP) which is only a 15 minute walk up to the ground. Failing that, get to the city early to find somewhere off street to park.

Imps fan in peace.

Really looking forward to getting reacquainted with OUFC this season- been a while since we have been in the same league (entirely our fault!).

First time I saw the Imps vs Oxford was Jan '84- absolutely blizzard, freezing cold and a 2-2 draw (there may be OU fans who can remember that one).

Good time to play in my opinion- still unsettled by the last 4 weeks of upheaval and still not fixed on a new manager- loss to Br. Rovers last weekend was not great.

From what I can see you have been given around 790 tickets for the away stand (which holds 1,940) and you'll share it with the home fans aka Luton- can only assume clubs have agreed in advance to offer less than the required 10% ground capacity which would have seen you have around 1,000 tickets.. Also noticed it is all ticket and no POTD either for you. Have had some odd decisions this season (our away day at Wycombe was made no POTD at very short notice) so whether Lincs Police have been very proactive this season, I don't know. SIncil Bank is a very different away day these days but I guess old Plod habits die hard.

There's only one thing I can guarantee on Saturday and that's no snow- other than that, hope you enjoy your day out in the East. The only official away pub is the Square Sail on the Brayford Pool but, for non derby days, almost any pub down the high street will accept away fans who just want to have a pint and a chat. For those culturally minded, the Cathedral quarter (uphill Lincoln) has some cracking real ale pubs and a bit of history to boot.

Finally, the traditional car parking on South Common (circa 400-500 cars) is not available due to the Lincoln Fair so, if driving, parking these days is at a premium around the ground- there's a huge (well, "huge" for Lincoln anyway) new multi storey in Lincoln opposite the railway station (Melville St, Lincoln LN5 7BP) which is only a 15 minute walk up to the ground. Failing that, get to the city early to find somewhere off street to park.
Cheers for the info @Impsfan .... Im sure itll be appreciated by those planning to go

Shame that I cant make the match, working on other side of country... if it was a week later it wouldve been ideal for me as Im working in Lincolnshire last weekend of this month

Imps fan in peace.

First time I saw the Imps vs Oxford was Jan '84- absolutely blizzard, freezing cold and a 2-2 draw

That was my first ever away match ( as a 14 year school kid) using the club’s official transport - the London Road Club
where we all met up at Gloucester Green. It seemed half of those on my coach had come straight from the pubs
and carried on drinking on the coach! To make matters my mate and I had to endure Ripping Yarns on the coach
video recorder.

We took several coaches on that freezing day and I recall it took ages and ages to get to Lincoln - I think we went via Kettering & Stamford ?

The Lincs police were waiting for us and pulled all the coaches over in the middle of nowhere and we all had to get out.
We had to wait a long time before we were allowed back on and most of those thought hypothermia was setting in.

We were sat in an old wooden stand behind the goal that day.It was a decent game and a draw was fair.

I remember the likes of Glenn Cockerill, David Felgate, Phil Neale and Derek Bell playing for Lincoln IIRC.

Last edited:
I remember the likes of Glenn Cockerill, David Felgate, Phil Neale and Derek Bell playing for Lincoln IIRC.

Blimey- that is a cracking memory. Best Lincoln team I've ever seen and 9 went onto play in division 1.

Just to finish off the Imps bit, behind the stand (that used to the the old wooden one behind the goal!) is now a fanzone which gets several hundred fans on match day- All Oxford fans welcome at both the club suite and the fanzone outside the club. Colours more than welcome. It is the opposite end of the ground to the away end but is worth a punt if you get to the ground early.

Yes, we still have the air raid siren for corners (we've added one so now two sound at each corner) and added a drummer who keeps the 617 boys singing in tune. Will be guessing around 8,800-9,100 for this one (depends on how many are in the away end)

Best bit about being in L1 is these matches- proper community clubs playing each other again.

Air raid siren & a drummer....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1568707970304.png

Just an opinion.......................................................................................................... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom