Online Opportunities

How does the online player sponsorship work when they already have sponsors? Will it affect that revenue or will both be advertised as part of the online offering?

I like that they are looking at new ways of getting revenue, just the query above though.

How does the online player sponsorship work when they already have sponsors? Will it affect that revenue or will both be advertised as part of the online offering?

I like that they are looking at new ways of getting revenue, just the query above though.

I think this is an extra - just for online. Don’t think it effects the season sponsors. I think they get a shirt, this is a picture

I think this is an extra - just for online. Don’t think it effects the season sponsors. I think they get a shirt, this is a picture

But if you sponsor a player the traditional route, as a company I would be annoyed that they pay far less but get better advertising opportunities than the programme. I would switch to just the online deal as a better deal and save money.

Obviously, if fans it might not be an issue but for some it could easily be a problem and cost a greater revenue stream.

For this season I was told that the company logo/sponsors name would appear on the website. Didn't happen!

I’ve actually spoken to the club on this today. I don’t see it as anything other than a positive thing especially if you own a business and want to get your brand out there on a massively popular platform with the website, and similarly social media platforms. It adds another element to the season long player sponsorship. In the grand scheme of things £100 is nothing to advertise your company, and with the chairman’s plan to make the club a global brand in itself it seems a no brainier to me. Good work by all.

Last edited:
Who won the shirt ?
I need to do the draw, but who would want it lol

U could ask if the club would swap it for a different currently un sponsored player ? Or considering he’s left and the money has been paid anyway if we could just have a match worn shirt of someone else. Was there anything left in the pot? Maybe if there was it could be used to fund two ticket to the les Robinson game or dinner to make the prize slightly more appealing ?

U could ask if the club would swap it for a different currently un sponsored player ? Or considering he’s left and the money has been paid anyway if we could just have a match worn shirt of someone else. Was there anything left in the pot? Maybe if there was it could be used to fund two ticket to the les Robinson game or dinner to make the prize slightly more appealing ?

Wasn't there any communication from the club regarding this when Xemi was released? You'd think there's be some sort of contractual obligation on these sponsorship offers.

For that potential level of exposure £100 is cheap as chips.
However I would think most businesses would like to know the detail in the 1/2 million visits. Great if they are potential customers, less good if they are Googlebots. I should think @Eaststandboy would possibly know how many visits this emporium of delights gets........ maybe offer some sort of dual linkage deal! ;)

Wasn't there any communication from the club regarding this when Xemi was released? You'd think there's be some sort of contractual obligation on these sponsorship offers.
Nope, nothing, tbh DE probably didn't like us sponsoring a shirts.

However I would think most businesses would like to know the detail in the 1/2 million visits. Great if they are potential customers, less good if they are Googlebots. I should think @Eaststandboy would possibly know how many visits this emporium of delights gets........ maybe offer some sort of dual linkage deal! ;)

We get around 700,000 page views a month.

We get around 700,000 page views a month.

At least half of that is me [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom