General Online merchandise sales

Ox4Eva

We all know how serious the current issues we all face, no doubt about that.

But I would have thought stock could be moved to another venue and online sales of merchandise could continue so some revenue could come into the club. Home and away tops down to £20 as we don't even know if they will be worn again this season as it stands.
But it would bring in some revenue, I completely understand staff need to be safe and that comes first, but this could probably be managed by one person.

Just thinking of how we can keep a few quid coming into the club..

We all know how serious the current issues we all face, no doubt about that.

But I would have thought stock could be moved to another venue and online sales of merchandise could continue so some revenue could come into the club. Home and away tops down to £20 as we don't even know if they will be worn again this season as it stands.
But it would bring in some revenue, I completely understand staff need to be safe and that comes first, but this could probably be managed by one person.

Just thinking of how we can keep a few quid coming into the club..
good call @Ox4Eva .... being in 'lockdown' only allowed to go out for essential shopping, to go to the pharmacy, or for exercise - and working from home unless its impossible to work from home, Ive found a touch of (online) retail therapy once in a while, does indeed lift the depression and boredom- albeit for a short while

cant find the home and away kits 'on sale' for £20 though - kids size home shirts are £20, adult sizes |£30 ... no reduction on awaykits on the website... unless Im looking in the wrong place? ... have you link for the home & away kits at £20 @Ox4Eva please? , my middle granddaughter would love an away shirt

Last edited:
good call @Ox4Eva .... being in 'lockdown' only allowed to go out for essential shopping, to go to the pharmacy, or for exercise - and working from home unless its impossible to work from home, Ive found a touch of (online) retail therapy once in a while, does indeed lift the depression and boredom- albeit for a short while

cant find the home and away kits 'on sale' for £20 though - kids size home shirts are £20, adult sizes |£30 ... no reduction on awaykits on the website... unless Im looking in the wrong place? ... have you link for the home & away kits at £20 @Ox4Eva please? , my middle granddaughter would love an away shirt

Sorry I was suggesting the club sold them for £20, things like that could get a fair few sold along with other stuff.

It was just an idea, but at least some dosh could be made for the club.

Agree with the sentiment but I’ve a sneaking suspicion away shirts sold out yonks ago. I bought one to convert a mate here on the floating prison colony when I could only afford one. Later when I could afford one for me...none left! ?

Agree with the sentiment but I’ve a sneaking suspicion away shirts sold out yonks ago. I bought one to convert a mate here on the floating prison colony when I could only afford one. Later when I could afford one for me...none left! ?

There must be plenty of stock which will need to be flogged though..

the club shop website was listing the away shirt in most( if not all?) sizes, at full price, a few days ago?

although when the club shop website was last updated is anyone's guess

the club shop website was listing the away shirt in most( if not all?) sizes, at full price, a few days ago?

although when the club shop website was last updated is anyone's guess

Quite recently I imagine because there are both versions of the '93 retro shirt available on there. I also assume stock levels are automated, so what's online should be an accurate representation of the number of shirts available.

I'm pretty sure the away shirt hasn't been available in regular sizes for months now. Whilst it can be an important revenue stream (and the only one at the minute it seems), I wouldn't want any worker leaving their house to go to work packing non-essential orders.

Looking to get a kit for my 4 year old grandson, seems the shop are not shipping anything, weird, I would have thought sales right now would be welcome.

Even a pair of yellow socks would do him right now.

Anybody know when this is likely to change?

Looking to get a kit for my 4 year old grandson, seems the shop are not shipping anything, weird, I would have thought sales right now would be welcome.

Even a pair of yellow socks would do him right now.

Anybody know when this is likely to change?

Staff are furloughed so I guess there is nobody dealing, I think it would be a good time for online sales so it's revenue we are missing out on.

I'm pretty sure the away shirt hasn't been available in regular sizes for months now. Whilst it can be an important revenue stream (and the only one at the minute it seems), I wouldn't want any worker leaving their house to go to work packing non-essential orders.

With some businesses looking to get back to 'normal', resuming online orders might be something we should look at doing. I think it's a while until the physical store reopens, but we don't really need them to function. Social distancing is much easier to manage in a controlled environment like a stock room than a public-facing shop floor.

It probably all comes down to if they're partnering with any other companies in which to process online orders. They've referenced a 'warehouse' being shut, but I always assumed they kept stock in the back of house as has been the case in every other retail shop I've worked in. Admittedly though, they were chains and had to receive replenishments from a centralised warehouse up to three times a week, but I wouldn't have thought the club would have something on that scale, more likely a much smaller unit or a leased section of a larger warehouse. If the company that runs a warehouse like that decides to shut it until it's safe to reopen, there's little the club can do than wait. But as I don't know for sure what system the club employs, it'd be difficult to say how soon or how likely they are to reopen.

As I've been missing football so much I’ve been drawn to watching vids of old matches from the 70’s and 80’s online (can’t bring myself to watch anything too recent - its too painful for me) Because of this I had the urge to buy the re-issued 80’s shirt from the official clubshop but, disappointingly, its no longer available. I then looked on ebay and came across this little number ?. Just wondering if anybody has purchased it? BCE70AC8-DCBA-4F6F-85EF-74144CA89C3E.jpeg

Last edited:
If they had any commercial sense they would be selling the shirts for £20 and shifting plenty!

If they had any commercial sense they would be selling the shirts for £20 and shifting plenty!
I do wonder what their approach will be when it comes to next season's shirts. Do they try to raise the prices by about £5 to make more money per unit, or do they cut the usual prices to try and sell a higher volume?

Agreed. It's hard to justify spending £30 on a shirt at the end of the season; I would have spent £20. Smaller profit margins but it's better than being left with a lot of stock you can't shift.

I just bought a t-shirt and polo shirt. Hopefully they run a bit small, like the home/away shirts, as I've bought large rather than my usual medium.

Last edited:
I do wonder what their approach will be when it comes to next season's shirts. Do they try to raise the prices by about £5 to make more money per unit, or do they cut the usual prices to try and sell a higher volume?

They will need to overhaul the online shop and extend the merchandise range as it's one of the few revenue streams the club has.

Naff all for my 4 year old grandson, wants a new shirt and socks.

Oh well it will be sorted soon.

I just bought an away shirt they still have the small size. There are advantages to not having a beer belly.:cool:

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom