One up front

We’re s**t up front whether we go with one up front or two up front
Been glimpses of quality with 2 up top. 442 v mk dons was the best we've looked attacking wise since Wimbledon. Think the key that day was it turned into 3 strikers as GVK couldn't play in his position. Not been good enough recently though, hopefully one up top will work with Brannagan in behind Obika on Saturday.

...... from 20, 30, 40 yards
Obviously we’re brilliant up front 2 crocks 1 who isn’t getting much game time forget the wingers but no 9’s and no 10’s are’nt doing a lot, and yes you may mock but a s**t defence with a s**t strike force= were in the s**t, but if you can’t see that then maybe you’re s**t in your analysis.

Last edited:
We need to play with pace and width, high tempo, a creative midfielder and a couple of strikers at home.

Problem is, we don’t have the personnel to do it.

My team tomorrow would be;
Eastwood
Kane, Mousinho, Dickie, Ricardo
Napa, Ledson, Rothwell, IBR
Mehmeti, Thomas (if fit) if not I’d put Ruffels in for Rothwell and push Rothwell into the no.10 role.

Last edited:
We need to play with pace and width, high tempo, a creative midfielder and a couple of strikers at home.

Eastwood
Mehmeti, Thomas (if fit) if not I’d put Ruffels in for Rothwell and push Rothwell into the no.10 role.

Maybe worthwhile against some sides but can you imagine what Rovers would have done to that midfield on Saturday?

Eastwood

Maybe worthwhile against some sides but can you imagine what Rovers would have done to that midfield on Saturday?

I can indeed as they basically owned the middle of the pitch for 65 minutes with a slightly different clientele.

Yeah, I’m afraid that’s all we can do, imagine.

Bringing everyone back....

To me, thats fine. As a defender myself i think that a busy penalty area is easier to defend than one where theres plenty of space for runners to attack a decent delivery.... it also didnt serve us too badly when Appleton was in charge, the difference is that in that team we had players who would attack corners and head them away, Dunkley, Mullins etc.

With the way we defend set peices at the moment, does anyone seriously believe that having less men in the box is likely to improve things in this area?

I understand what people are syaing abput leaving men forward, hitting teams on the break and so on, but you cant hit them on the break if they are celebrating scoring a goal.

One up front.....

This can, and clearly does work, but like anything else its all about having the right personnel and that is right across the pitch, not just in the role itself.
In Obika we have a striker who can play this role well, but as previously stated we dont really have the wide midfield players that will allow this to work effectively, and those that potentially could (Hall, Napa) cant be relied upon to perform consistently due to either age, inexperience or injury. We also dont really have anyone in the central areas of midfield who is capable of getting beyond the centre forward.

To add to this, we have a back four who take an age to get the ball forward to the central striker, by the time he receives this with his back to goal theres almost always 2 or 3 opposition players in close proximity making it too easy to turn the ball over and put us under pressure again.

Back
Top Bottom