National News Official 2019 General Election Thread

No a sign that Essex Yellows was ignoring the evidence

“Rickets, scarlet fever and other diseases more commonly seen in the Victorian era are sending increasing numbers to hospital, NHS data for England has revealed.

In 2017-18 there were 284,901 admissions for scurvy, vitamin D deficiency, gout and other maladies familiar to the pages of a Dickens novel – up 24 per cent on the year before.”

Not just Rickets ...

You’ve got a thing about the Irish, haven’t you Sharp Edges? Don’t know what it’s got to do with me, mind.

Wow!

Even the New Statesman is saying that Corbyn is unfit to be Prime Minister.

But the essential judgement that must be made is on Mr Corbyn himself. His reluctance to apologise for the anti-Semitism in Labour and to take a stance on Brexit, the biggest issue facing the country, make him unfit to be prime minister.

In response to anti-Semitism, the Equality and Human Rights Commission, a body established by the last Labour government, has launched a formal investigation of a political party for only the second time in its history (the first being the fascist British National Party). The chief rabbi, Ephraim Mirvis, and the Jewish Chronicle have issued unprecedented warnings about Mr Corbyn to the electorate. The Jewish Labour Movement, for the first time in its history, has refused to endorse the party and will only campaign for “exceptional candidates”.

We have no reason to quarrel with their judgement. As Anthony Julius, a senior lawyer and academic, wrote to the historian Richard Evans in an open letter on the New Statesman: “A party that cannot be trusted in relation to Jews cannot be trusted at all.” (Professor Evans subsequently retracted his support for Labour.)

Wow. Just got off the phone from my mum. She lived in Chinnor and Thame for more than 40 years. She’s always voted conservative. Always

She voting labour this time. She described her choice as for an adult or a child. She further described Johnson as a lying, shameless charlatan who is unfit to run the country.

mind blown.

Robert Colvile runs a "Leading British think tank, home to a new generation of conservative thinking"

I'm sure he's against increasing Child mortality, though.
Did you read the Tweets, or do you just post them?

The logic is very clear and sound - I note you don't rebut the content or try and prove it wrong - one of a few who've gone quiet... Labour have been caught selling a massive set of lies again in the desperate desire to become credible but they keep making it worse. Now the News Statesmen want nothing to do with Corbyn!

Oh, and why did Corbyn needlessly lie here? What a complete pillock for lying when it was completely unnecessary, especially he was doing a good thing and it would make him look good - is he cracking under the pressure or just bare faced liar?

I suppose it's invalid in YellowTaxi land because a Mail journalist posted it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This is not how kids from Private Schools and educated at Cambridge behave is it?

Not a good look for Labour either if this is true:

Not a good look for Labour either if this is true:
So whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Or do you have the same contempt for the law as Johnson?
The guy has pleaded not guilty and there won't even be a trial for months yet.
The timing seems deeply suspicious.

Sense is Tories could win Twickenham. Overturning a 9000 Lib Dem majority. We’re looking at decent Tory majority on 12th. Corbyn simply not trusted on doorstep. Cue Johnson liar, eats babies etc. People want Brexit done and are lending Tories their vote.Swinson totally discounted. Useless, bossy baby.

Feel free to comdem to hell etc. Just saying it as see it .

Biggest turn off on doorstop; Corbyn’s economic illiteracy. Where’s the money etc.

I still don’t see anybody really talking about what it is that they like about the people they say that they support. I just see lots and lots of trying to hammer the ‘opposition’ and people spending more time trying to show how and why somebody is worse than someone else’s. Why not talk about why someone is good, or better?

I asked someone to try this once already and all I got was a nonsense list of manifesto one liners. No “I think this is positive because” or “I truly believe this because”, and certainly no “What I personally like is this”. Just endless, stupid attempts at points scoring from all sides. Which as I’ve also said before is exactly what they want. For people to be so busy fighting each other and being angry at each other that nobody is interested in anything else.

I don’t even care what happens in this election anymore - they’re all crap. I’m more concerned about the total lack of empathy, common sense and living in the real world that seems to go on from people on any and all sides of the divide. It’ll never stop - it’s just going to be war and point scoring for the rest of our lives.

Great.

You asked for reasons to vote Tory last week. And i responded. And you just responded back with ‘Dear God’ or some such. Your shout but pretty thin gruel I must say. Shall I put ‘ I truly believe’ in front of my points to give it that oh so authentic gloss?

Tories are the only party committed to delivering Brexit and so they’ll win the election. Our country has never voted for a far left Government and it’s looking the case that they won’t do so next week.

Boris Johnson displays an optimistic attitude about our country, ,supports capitalism and wants to help to provide equality of opportunity.. My opinion is that the alternative route will slaughter our economy and diminish our standing in the world. I could probably give you another page worth’s of reason why you shouldn’t vote for Magic Grandpa and another page of reasons why you should vote for Boris but .. Dear God... I can’t be arsed.

Last edited:
So whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Or do you have the same contempt for the law as Johnson?
The guy has pleaded not guilty and there won't even be a trial for months yet.
The timing seems deeply suspicious.
Trying to block the press reporting on your son's arrest, for a Shadow Home Secretary, is not good - I'm sure you'd agree on that? Is Abbott advocating a 2 tier justice system to protect politicians kids?

Also, as football fans, we're given no innocent until proven guilty stuff, our names are put in the press at the time of arrest even if we plead not guilty. As are those accused of sexual misconduct who plead not guilty. They are given no special protection under the law, so what is good for the goose, is good for the gander - we're all equal aren't we?

You really are a racist aren’t you Essex? No wonder you like Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party so much.

Absolutely not.
Believing that this country should invest in its own citizens first and foremost is not racism.
Believing that controlled immigration is a good thing is not racism.
Believing that each individual can make their life better is not racism.
Believing that benefits should be a safety net not a career choice is not racism.
Believing that people should play by the rules is not racism.

Fire away................. when you are ready.

This is damning for the Labour Party on anti-Semitism:

This in particular:
"He says the evidence to the Equality and Human Rights Commission's inquiry shows there are "many, many outstanding complaints, many examples of interference and many examples of double standards in the way in which complaints are processed". "

This is damning for the Labour Party on anti-Semitism:

This in particular:
"He says the evidence to the Equality and Human Rights Commission's inquiry shows there are "many, many outstanding complaints, many examples of interference and many examples of double standards in the way in which complaints are processed". "
of course the tories are above reproach on their record on similar?

Back
Top Bottom