National News Official 2019 General Election Thread

Farage stepping away from Tory held seats in December, which for me tips the balance away from a likely remain-alliance to a likely Conservative victory.

Regardless of this, you are using whataboutism and I have been heavily criticised for it. As such, please refrain. Come on @chuckbert why aren't giving them jip for it? ;) (y)
Correct. Glad to see you've come to see the wisdom of refraining from whataboutism :)

Either you’ve got the memory of a goldfish or you’re as big a liar as Boris Johnson.
Pardon? What is that reply in relation to? Do you know how the reply button works, because I'm not the only one who struggles to work out what you are ranting about at times. I'm still waiting for you to expand on your billionaire moan and how much more tax you want them to contribute over the 27-30% that the top 1% do already, and then the potential economic impact. And yes, Corbyn is covered in that band because his asset value on his house/pension are high, but I don't think Labour have even thought about assets, liquidity, etc.

At least your lack of detail is the same as the left wing politicians I suppose.

Speaking of which, I see Lady Nugee had a bit of mare earlier trying to communicate Labour's position on Brexit today. I'd also worry that she doesn't like early mornings if she wants to be a senior Govt minister judging by the surly comment on GMB about it being 6.45 in the morning.

I haven't but I see you've not gone all pissy at them like you have others. Can't think why that is ;) :D
I was busy thinking how this is a kind of meta-whataboutism.

To be fair, I started getting all pissy with you when you did it on about ten different subjects one after the other without fail!

They were talking about a peerage a few weeks ago - either way there must be something because Farage held all the cards for a time there.
Yep, its the Tories to lose now. Perhaps Farage has realised most Tories would see the Brexit party as a one trick party and there is more to a GE than Brexit. Will the Labour voters think the same?
Lord Farage. Does that have a ring to it!?

So in order to counter the divisive “ both sides” debate which you both claim is harming debate I trust you will both agree that Johnson’s easily verifiable record of lies, threats and “ lack of moral substance of any kind” makes him unfit to be Prime Minister.

Thanks. Really appreciate the way you’ve reached out.

Its all a matter of proportionality and your pre-conceived judgement.

I think JC is an anti-semetic, terrorist sympathising Marxist that isn`t capable of pissing straight and isn`t fit to lead the Labour party let alone the country. His "opposition" performance has been beyond non-league.

Boris has a few skeletons in the closet but he`ll get the job done.
"Threats"................ scary...just words........ "I`ll hurt him" could just mean making his life uncomfortable for 5 minutes. I doubt Boris was slipping a baseball bat under the chair.
So he`s knobbed a few lasses, lets be frank, it is as much about their desire to get on as anything else. He had a row with his partner when they found out.............so what? Who hasn`t?
Lies? He`s a politician...........its part of the job............ they all lie.

He`ll deliver what 17.4 million voted for, he`ll get a working majority.

Yep, its the Tories to lose now. Perhaps Farage has realised most Tories would see the Brexit party as a one trick party and there is more to a GE than Brexit. Will the Labour voters think the same?
An A*****e is a type of ring. Farage? Ring? A*****e? hmmmmmm

Threats“I’ll hurt him completely normal round Esex way these days apparently..
What an unpleasant fellow you must be.

soon to be lord nigel of farage ( tories 'buy' everything, DUP £2bn, Brexit party lordship for frogface farage) and his plans to 'back' Bozo n co , after spouting that johson's deal' isnt Brexit'

guessing there will be Brexit candidates in both Oxford East and Oxford West constituencys Dec 12th?

74615510_10156650189064599_4026133644992053248_n.jpg

On the one hand, this is the only sensible course of action Farage could take.
His stance of fighting every seat would have cost the Tories votes and possibly MPs they needed, and would've put Brexit at greater risk.
So this is - belatedly - the sensible move by him.

But still, it's a bit of a 360 from last week, when "Boris tells us this is a great new deal. It is not. It is a bad old treaty. And simply, it is not Brexit".

Either he's been bribed (possible) or simply pressured beyond his limit by the other Leavers (and the Donald).

On the one hand, this is the only sensible course of action Farage could take.
His stance of fighting every seat would have cost the Tories votes and possibly MPs they needed, and would've put Brexit at greater risk.
So this is - belatedly - the sensible move by him.

But still, it's a bit of a 360 from last week, when "Boris tells us this is a great new deal. It is not. It is a bad old treaty. And simply, it is not Brexit".

Either he's been bribed (possible) or simply pressured beyond his limit by the other Leavers (and the Donald).

I think it was just a bluff gone wrong. His core supporters didn't respond well to it either. Polls showed brexit party votes dropped and even the Daily mail has a campaign trying to get him to support the torys!
A rare mistake from Farage, because love or hate him you have to admit he knows how to play the game.
He is back tracking to save his own skin, as this bluff could have gone horribly wrong for him if he followed through. He'll be back again to cause trouble.

He's seen the writing on the wall that he won't stand a chance in the Tory seats with his one trick pony of a party.

What is highly amusing is that this strategy is likely to split the brexit vote in the labour targets and make it less, not more likely that a brexit candidate will win. The Tories need some of those seats if they want a majority government and this could well make it harder for them. I expect it to get pretty acrimonious in some of those battles between the Cons and the BP.

And for him to now turn around and say he now LIKES Bojos deal......[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Complete hypocrisy, but hardly surprising from a snake oil salesman.

And I will still be laughing as Nigel yet again screws up his 8th GE campaign.

Where does he say that he likes the Johnson deal? He’s wanted a no deal from the start.
Screwing up an eighth GE campaign. Not sure that is so. OK they haven’t won any seats, but they won plenty of votes.
It looks pretty clear who did well in the EU elections last time around

What is highly amusing is that this strategy is likely to split the brexit vote in the labour targets and make it less, not more likely that a brexit candidate will win. The Tories need some of those seats if they want a majority government and this could well make it harder for them. I expect it to get pretty acrimonious in some of those battles between the Cons and the BP.

Places like Peterborough, where the Conservative/Brexit Party split in the by-election gave the seat to Labour.

Yeah, Nige is stopping short of doing everything he can to help BoJo.
If he were, he would just be concentrating their campaign on regions of the country (parts of the North/North East/Wales) that are pro-Brexit would never under any circumstances vote for a Tory.

He has said it is acceptable Pete...said it today on BBC news!

Apparently he saw a video of Johnson saying there will be no extensions past the end of 2020...on Twitter.

What a time to be alive[emoji1787]

Last edited:

I can almost taste the outrage - yes please ?

Back
Top Bottom