Odds for Saturday.

saddletramp

2/1 Oxford with Bet 365.
I don't usually back Oxford,but i think that's a huge price.

Rochdale favourites ?

I'm not sure why but the bookies seem to have a love in with Rochdale, they were odds on to beat playoff chasing Plymouth on Tuesday night. Maybe their FA Cup run has clouded the judgement of bookmakers but I agree 2/1 on Oxford is big.

Rochdale do get overrated, they have struggled all season and even with a bit of an upturn in form are still in the thick of a relegation battle, they are still crap, just a bit better crap. Nothing special away from home either.

We have acknowledged we are crap and found a way to play to at least be very competitive in every game since Robinson took over, especially at home where we only have a very unlucky defeat to Fleetwood recently.

I assume the bookies think we believe we are safe, which we most likely are but it’s still not nailed on and Robinson will want to make sure, we will keep it tight and nick the win I reckon, not like we want to leave anything to a very hard last away game just in case.

If I can find 2-1 I will be lumping on us, and I never bet for/against Oxford.

Current odds on Betfair are 2.98 Oxford, 2.5 Rochdale and 3.3 the draw - so pretty much 2/1 there too.
I noticed some strange looking odds on Tuesday too, like a previous poster said, Rochdale were favourites to beat Plymouth and Bradford were also a decent price to beat MK for some strange reason.

Patchy home form of a side who do struggle for goals against a side fighting for their league lives is not a betting medium in my opinion.

We seem to have turned the corner a bit at home though, Plus Rochdale needing to have a go could play into our hands.

Never really understand why people bet on football results (or any 'two horse race' come to that). You either need to bet very very big or do a multiple bet to get a decent return. But each to their own I suppose.

Never really understand why people bet on football results (or any 'two horse race' come to that). You either need to bet very very big or do a multiple bet to get a decent return. But each to their own I suppose.[/QU

You're still getting the same % pro rata your stake, matters not if you're a £5 player or bigger stakes

strictly speaking it's not 2 possible outcomes it's 3

Never really understand why people bet on football results (or any 'two horse race' come to that). You either need to bet very very big or do a multiple bet to get a decent return. But each to their own I suppose.
I might occasionally stick a quid on something like Oxford to win 3-0 with Dickie to score first - you won't miss the quid but the odds would be over 100/1 so just adds a bit more interest to the game!

Don’t really get why people gamble at all personally.

Can’t imagine it’s easy to ever stay in profit overall and betting on games doesn’t make the outcome more enjoyable for me - probably the opposite.

Having to listen to Today’s racing tips every morning is the closet I get to betting, but each to their own.

Can’t imagine it’s easy to ever stay in profit overall and betting on games doesn’t make the outcome more enjoyable for me - probably the opposite.

Having to listen to Today’s racing tips every morning is the closet I get to betting, but each to their own.

I think I’m far too cheap. I look at it as though I could win x amount with this £5 or I could get a guaranteed alcoholic beverage. The beverage wins every time.

I was thinking about running a prediction or betting league next season though. I’ve seen similar on a lot of other football forums. Could be a bit of fun.

I think I’m far too cheap. I look at it as though I could win x amount with this £5 or I could get a guaranteed alcoholic beverage. The beverage wins every time.

I was thinking about running a prediction or betting league next season though. I’ve seen similar on a lot of other football forums. Could be a bit of fun.
Get it up and running. I'm up for that. Loads of "predictionists" on this forum. Lets see the colour of their money!!

If you know something specific about non-league football (ie. Frome had most of their players and the manager walk out the other week) then bookies are often slow to pick up on it so a very good chance of winning otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Everytime i bet on oxford i get disappointed so i'll pass on this one

Definitely up for that, potentially some sort of entrance fee with winnings split between winner and something for the club/charity?

Also agree that 2/1 is generous. Rochdale are battling but they're down there because they aren't very good. We're not safe either yet so can't see us easing off. It comes down to whether you think we would win this match up more than one in every three goes, I think we would so it's good value.

If you know something specific about non-league football (ie. Frome had most of their players and the manager walk out the other week) then bookies are often slow to pick up on it so a very good chance of winning otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Fair enough.

Andy Crosby use to be 14/1 for First Goalscorer and around 7/2 to score anytime given he was our penalty taker and rarely missed that was value !!!

Andy Crosby use to be 14/1 for First Goalscorer and around 7/2 to score anytime given he was our penalty taker and rarely missed that was value !!!

Always remember Matt Elliott being 25-1 to score first at Wycombe with the on site bookie. The queue was massive and then the crowd chanting about it must have had the bookie bricking it. The bookie had the last laugh as he was sent off.

Had a good run betting with the bookies under the London rd, in i think the 95/96 promotion season.
He used to offer 6/1 on the time of the first goal,0-10 mins,11-20,21-30 and so on.
Had a tenner on 0-10 minutes,i think it came up about 5 games on the trot.
He then slashed the odds on 0-10mins to 3/1,i stopped betting and it didn't come up again for months.

Back
Top Bottom