Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Ron Atkinson

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Derick Osei Yaw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or challenge the complacency?

We're bottom of the table, concede an average of 2 goals a game and aren't scoring. No doubt they'll have got an earful from KR on more than one occasion and they'll know what the fans are currently thinking. Where would the complacency be there?

We're bottom of the table, concede an average of 2 goals a game and aren't scoring. No doubt they'll have got an earful from KR on more than one occasion and they'll know what the fans are currently thinking. Where would the complacency be there?
The length of time taken to decide that perhaps we do need to recruit a defender after all. The apparent reliance on XG stats as proof that we are doing alright?

Fact is, and that's why I posted in the format of a question, you and I don't know what goes on behind the doors of OUFC but, as supporters, we have every right to question. Complacency, in my mind, could be one of the issues that is leading to the poor run of results.

I would have to say Karl Robinson is the weakest link currently. He has failed to react to the fact we don't seem to have a leader at the back or indeed any cover there. He has persisted with players who are struggling in the positions he has played them in. He seems genuinely not to know his best team especially in midfield and at the front. Yes he has had bad luck with injuries and that has had an effect, but that only goes so far. One the big failings with KR is that he is pig headed and slow to fix issues. We have unfortunately seen that at the start of this season. It wil be interesting if we bring someone else in which positon he chooses to fill, this may be key until we can get some of our injured players back to full fitness.

The length of time taken to decide that perhaps we do need to recruit a defender after all. The apparent reliance on XG stats as proof that we are doing alright?

Fact is, and that's why I posted in the format of a question, you and I don't know what goes on behind the doors of OUFC but, as supporters, we have every right to question. Complacency, in my mind, could be one of the issues that is leading to the poor run of results.

Whilst that may be true, I think that is more to do with the management than it is the players. I don't see how these things will be improved with a thread where we vote for our worst player. It's hardly going to make the player(s) in question perform any better.

No option for the recruitment team?:unsure:

Or Craig Short? :unsure:

I hesitate to blame the players. Certainly I'd hate to pick out one individual as being the weakest link.

For example: Clare hasn't done well at right back - but in all honesty he isn't one. Henry hasn't been good - but he looks injured to me. Taylor hasn't exactly been effective - but he is getting no service. Eastwood has made mistakes, but that defence in front of him has not exactly helped. Ruffs has been poor, but has he had to come back too quickly from his injury due to lack of numbers? You could go through the team.

But whose fault is it that we are short in defence? And that apparently we *still* need a winger? And that yet again our bizarre pre-season schedule leads to a poor start? And that we have binned of one of our 22 and *still* not replaced him? And that yet again we have signed an injured player and hoped we could somehow mend him? I'd suggest none of the names on the list, but that we ought to be looking at the manager, the coaches and whoever was responsible for this season's recruitment.

Back
Top Bottom