Obika

8 in a row though (ignoring the stupid checkatrade game obvs).

Hope he gets back to full fitness but that's it as far is goes with us I would have thought.

Bradbury to be back at the club in the next couple of weeks you’d imagine then.

100% Get well soon from a personal level and for his career, would not wish on anyone. Sadly i think it speak volumes when i had zero concern when this was announced. Whether confidence shot or just not up to league 1 level i have never seen someone win so little headers for his physical size and pose such little threat. Looking forward to Bradbury or any other replacement (give me anyone) moving into the side.

Best of luck to Obika.

I would think that Bradbury fulfils what we are after from our striker. Heavy reliance now on Mackie staying fit and Smith finding some form.

Sounds like it will be a long way back to fitness for him.
All the best Jon I hope you get back playing again soon.

This clearly illustrates the need for a new striker. Are we not allowed to bring one in on loan?
It looks like we need to recall one of our loans. Napa yet to prove himself and Bradbury the obvious choice.
Good luck to Obika but we need to consider the future and think about Saturday and Tuesday, two very important away games

Just adds to our woes.
Time for Smith to finally deliver. We are limping to January so I hope he has a plan.

This clearly illustrates the need for a new striker. Are we not allowed to bring one in on loan?
It looks like we need to recall one of our loans. Napa yet to prove himself and Bradbury the obvious choice.
Good luck to Obika but we need to consider the future and think about Saturday and Tuesday, two very important away games
Can’t make or recall a loan (unless it’s a youth loan like Bradbury) outside of the transfer window. No striker coming in unless they’re a free agent and Napa is staying put at Macclesfield. We have what we have.

Bradbury is also injured currently. Won’t be fit for a few weeks yet.

Can’t make or recall a loan (unless it’s a youth loan like Bradbury) outside of the transfer window. No striker coming in unless they’re a free agent and Napa is staying put at Macclesfield. We have what we have.

Bradbury is a youth that we haven't seen, let's not build him up into something

Continuing the Mackie love-in from Saturday, I wonder whether this might be a blessing in disguise in that, assuming Bradbury is brought back, the youngster might really benefit from playing with and learning from our ex-Scottish international, especially considering he seems to be back in form. From what I’ve heard of Bradbury, he seems a similar type of striker - feisty, strong, bit of an A*****e (in the best way). I imagine his development will be improved from playing the odd few minutes in L1 and learning in training from playing alongside such an an established veteran.

Best of luck Jon and hopefully, for your sake, a speedy and full recovery.
However, on a different tack, why on earth are we playing meaningless closed-door friendlies at this stage of the season risking more injuries to the players, particularly when this was one of reasons put forward for our poor start to the season.

Seems to be one of those players who is simply injury prone or unlucky with injuries. Probably one of this most frustrating centre forwards I've seen in an Oxford shirt. Appears to have all the physical attributes but can't find the way to use them most effectively.

Best of luck Jon and hopefully, for your sake, a speedy and full recovery.
However, on a different tack, why on earth are we playing meaningless closed-door friendlies at this stage of the season risking more injuries to the players, particularly when this was one of reasons put forward for our poor start to the season.
Surely that his trying to keep players match fit.
In the old days players not playing in the first team would play in the reserves.
You can get injured training.
We can't wrap players in cotton wool all of the time

Bradbury was on a 1 month loan iirc at Woking unless it has since been extended.

Surely that his trying to keep players match fit.
In the old days players not playing in the first team would play in the reserves.
You can get injured training.
We can't wrap players in cotton wool all of the time

Exactly. The thought process behind it was probably to try and get him scoring a few goals, regardless of the opposition.

Gutted for him. No matter what people think of him as a player, I’ve never heard anything but good things about him as a man. Im sure anyone with an ounce of decency wishes him a full and speedy recovery. As others have said, nice words from Robinson as well.

Back
Top Bottom