General Obika & hall return

credit to the physio/fitness team. seem to have some good people here. didn't another player come back earlier than was suggested/expected? just need some positive news with Baptiste now.
would love to see Hall finally put his injury problems behind him and have great season with us.
Obika - nothing against him but really need to get a fit and reliable striker for next season

Agree with much of the above. I love Hall. KR is obviously a massive fan of his too.

If he will stick around for a deal which incentivises appearances and pays him only minimal amounts if he can’t get off the treatment table then I’m all for him being here. He does have previous with KR for turning down such deals though I believe (hence he rocked up here in the first place - forgive me if I’ve got any details wrong on that!)

Obika needs to go. Starting the season at Barnsley with him leading the line was an instant, ominous, obvious sign of how shambolic our summer recruitment was...and he simply isn’t good enough. If he’s in an Oxford yellow shirt again next season I’d suggest our summer 2019 recruitment was similarly bad.

Obika has proved beyond doubt that he cannot cut the mustard!??
His contract is up so thanks very much but it’s goodbye ??

As for Hall, he is a player that, when fit, is a class act. But he has been so injury prone that it is perhaps wiser just to let him go and find a player that can contribute to the cause with less risk of injury and lengthy absence.

Can’t see them featuring, only two games left after this weekend against good teams so why would we put two players who won’t be here next season and who will massively lack match sharpness on for a few minutes, pointless. The interview is just a pat on the back in public to them for getting back to fitness.

Obika needs to go. Starting the season at Barnsley with him leading the line was an instant, ominous, obvious sign of how shambolic our summer recruitment was...and he simply isn’t good enough. If he’s in an Oxford yellow shirt again next season I’d suggest our summer 2019 recruitment was similarly bad.

Partially agree with that statement. Though he had scored 8/9 goals in pre-season, most against questionable opposition but scored a good one against Palace as well. Agreed he's not worth keeping on though.

Rob Hall is just someone every fan wishes we had fully fit and didn't have to worry about future injuries. When fit he's probably the best player in the squad. You just can't trust that he'll be consistently fit, and even if he is what quality he has managed to retain after two years on the sidelines.

Obika going is a no-brainer. Not good enough.

Hall was good but I wouldn't invest in him cos I can see him playing a couple of games then being done over by a L1 thug. Sorry.

Obika going is a no-brainer. Not good enough.

Hall was good but I wouldn't invest in him cos I can see him playing a couple of games then being done over by a L1 thug. Sorry.
Wycombe, wimbledon n brizzle rovers may all not be in l1 next season ...3 thuggish outfits they are and have been for years

Wycombe, wimbledon n brizzle rovers may all not be in l1 next season ...3 thuggish outfits they are and have been for years

But you end up gaining at least one from League 2. Lincoln are coming up and Matt Rhead leads the line for them. He’s certainly broken a few noses in his time.

As for Obika and Hall, the former is gone and should be told as such. Hall is a tricky one. A top talent but have injuries made him still worth investing in?

But you end up gaining at least one from League 2. Lincoln are coming up and Matt Rhead leads the line for them. He’s certainly broken a few noses in his time.

As for Obika and Hall, the former is gone and should be told as such. Hall is a tricky one. A top talent but have injuries made him still worth investing in?

The Fat Monk is a thug masquerading as a footballer and then they also have Akinde (pen) as well.

May be Karl still thinks Obika’s the 20+ goals a season striker he hoped he’d have been this season!!

Back
Top Bottom