Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Called the match off at 10.30am

failed to take on board its no more than an hour between N'ton and Oxford

Failed to schedule another inspection for 1pm, or even 1.30pm

failed to instruct NTFC to take steps to aid alleviating any standing water on the playing surface

Failed to check the forecasted weather conditions later today

failed to consider many factors

a 1 from me ( & only because there isn't the option to award 0 in the ref watch poll)

A one from me too for the many reasons listed above.

Assuming it was the match ref that called it rather than a "suitably qualified local".

Ermm, since we have no reason to think that the ground *wasn't* waterlogged enough that it wouldn't be playable at 3pm, I really can't see why people are having a go at the ref. I am about 10 miles from Northampton and it is very soggy underfoot and hasn't dried out much during the day.

I suspect the question of water on the pitch and the postponement should be directed more at the home club rather than the ref. They train on the pitch anyway - it was reputed to be like a ploughed field BEFORE the recent local heavy rain - which would have cut it up even more, and why their ground staff couldn't have covered it before the (forecast) rain came, who knows. So if there is any mud slinging (pun not intended) it's probably more aimed at the home team than the ref. Of course, since we play a better style of football than Northampton anyway, a drier pitch in better condition in a week r two might suit us very well ...

I will give him an average five on the basis that the game didn't take place.

Called the match off at 10.30am

failed to take on board its no more than an hour between N'ton and Oxford

Failed to schedule another inspection for 1pm, or even 1.30pm

failed to instruct NTFC to take steps to aid alleviating any standing water on the playing surface

Failed to check the forecasted weather conditions later today

failed to consider many factors

a 1 from me ( & only because there isn't the option to award 0 in the ref watch poll)
Bit harsh @Sarge you're not a bit biased are you??? Just asking for a friend.

Back
Top Bottom