Championship Notts F v Sheff u

Teriffic game and down to penalties.
Baldock was excellent

Well played Forest, thoroughly enjoyed that.

As an ex resident of Nottingham I know how much it would mean to the people of the city and county to have top flight football back after such a long time. I watched a few games while living there, when we didn't have a game, and, although nowhere near being a two team w@nker, I did really enjoy my occasional visits to the City Ground. The Forest fans were what I'd call proper fans and I was always made welcome even though I would always state that I was an Oxford fan.

Hope they win the final, sorry Mr Ruffels!

As an ex resident of Nottingham I know how much it would mean to the people of the city and county to have top flight football back after such a long time. I watched a few games while living there, when we didn't have a game, and, although nowhere near being a two team w@nker, I did really enjoy my occasional visits to the City Ground. The Forest fans were what I'd call proper fans and I was always made welcome even though I would always state that I was an Oxford fan.

Forest has always felt like a 'proper' club despite being out of the top flight for do long. Always enjoyed playing them during the 90's with Joey scoring 2 great goals in 97? 98? Remember chatting to several fans on the way out that day who were very complimentary and came across as real football fans.

Would love to see them back in the PL rather than a Huddersfield side that are pretty meaningless to me (Ruffels aside!)

Likewise - did my degree at Trent in the 80's and used to watch both Nottingham sides in the top flight including a number of games with a certain Mr Clough patrolling the touchline

Certainly hoping they do it on 29th

I was actually working there all last week which was a bit of a tour round some old haunts - great city great people

It was a brilliant game, only watched cos' my mate is a Forest fan. Love the city of Nottingham, I always try and arrange a stop over when Oxford a playing in the locale.

I know where you were drinking pre-match.

Billy Sharp

Also comment on changes to the application of football banning orders

The requirement that the court needs "reasonable grounds to believe [a FBO] would help to prevent violence or disorder" has gone.

It is replaced by: "The court must make [a FBO unless it] considers that there are particular circumstances relating to the offence or to the offender which would make it unjust... to do so."

s.14A FBOs now look punitive, not preventative, in intent as well as effect.

No place for people like that in football, yes there are incidents at a lot of matches before and after amongst both home and away fans, acceptable? No of course not, but to assault a player definitely not acceptable.
This will lead to a heavy fine for Nottingham Forest and their apologies are definitely warranted and meant.
Now there hopefully would be a response in a positive way to try and prevent this from ever happening again.
Definitely has to be a minimum jail time as the start of the punishment scale.
This is England not South America. When will people learn.

No place for people like that in football, yes there are incidents at a lot of matches before and after amongst both home and away fans, acceptable? No of course not, but to assault a player definitely not acceptable.
This will lead to a heavy fine for Nottingham Forest and their apologies are definitely warranted and meant.
Now there hopefully would be a response in a positive way to try and prevent this from ever happening again.
Definitely has to be a minimum jail time as the start of the punishment scale.
This is England not South America. When will people learn.
It's not a football issue, it's just assault.

Back
Top Bottom