Notts County

Tax bill paid, all seems sorted 4 days after takeover.
Got a soft spot for them, great ground to visit, cracking pubs etc. Always enjoy days out there.

Agree 100% ... last time I went to Notts County was that match where we went 1-0 up, then 2-1 down, before coming back ( after CO'D and Hoban came on as subs) to win 4-2 ... great memories of that awayday

They're fulfilling the vitally important role, that we pioneered, of 'Big Club in the Conference'.

We handed over to Luton; Bristol Rovers briefly took it on from them before quickly passing it on to Tranmere, who then handed on to Orient. Notts County are picking it up from them.

I suspect that - like all the others - we'll see Notts County back in the football league before too long. May not be next year though.....with the finances only being sorted out this close to the season, manager's got his work cut out to build a squad. Reckon Kane Hemmings will do well in the Conference though.

Agree 100% ... last time I went to Notts County was that match where we went 1-0 up, then 2-1 down, before coming back ( after CO'D and Hoban came on as subs) to win 4-2 ... great memories of that awayday
That was one of those truly cracking away days you remember for years and years. After we went 2-1 down the team just seemed to get furious. O’Dowda putting us 3-2 up in the 90th minute was epic, but Roofe smashing in the fourth 90 seconds later was just as chaotic. That was the day I think I really knew we would go up come the end of the season. The way we lost our rag (in a good way) and kept pummelling them even after we’d got a late winner as it was... that was the sign of a team that absolutely wasn’t going to lie down. Brilliant.

Yes some day.
As Ryan suggested the players got really angry. I remember that even when we went 3 2 up , the players still seemed angry that they had gone 2 1 down in the first place.
In reality we tore them to pieces even though we nearly gave it away.

I can only think the journey has just begun with the new owners, but good luck to them. They will need it

Back
Top Bottom