Notts County v Cambridge 12th Jan 2019...

Essexyellows

All tickets £2.

Yes £2.....

Better a full house than empty seats eh? We could learn something from that...............

Blimey, can you imagine the posts on here from season ticket holders complaining they don't get any benefit from it though... Are Notts County doing anything for their season ticket holders? Free programme maybe?

• React
Reactions: MJB
In a sense it is poor for season ticket holders. The club, having mugged them off for the full price early on, now realise that what they are offering is so poor value for money that they can't attract anyone else at the normal prices.

Of course the club will sell it as encouraging new support. And, anyway, we don't need to encourage new support, do we?

Blimey, can you imagine the posts on here from season ticket holders complaining they don't get any benefit from it though... Are Notts County doing anything for their season ticket holders? Free programme maybe?

As a ST holder I've had a draft email to the club and forum post prepared for this very situation for several years now. Bad enough my blanket getting disturbed and flask knocked over on the current attendance figures let alone more people being in the ground. Bah humbug!

As a ST holder I wouldn`t have an issue with the club doing similar once a season... its easy "compensated" to ST holders, ergo free programme or the like.

I’m not a ST holder this season but have been in the past for a number of seasons and I wouldn’t care either way.

As a child I benefited from free/cheap tickets on many occasions and this would no doubt have contributed to me turning into a season ticket holder.

Everyone talks on here about knowing what the clubs “plan” is and whatever it is, part of that has to be growing the support, if this would be a way of helping to do that then so be it.

As a ST holder I wouldn`t have an issue with the club doing similar once a season... its easy "compensated" to ST holders, ergo free programme or the like.

I don’t even want compensation, the club does it to attract more fans in the future which should lead to better players for me to watch is my thinking.

The big question is whether these deals actually work in bringing new fans in I suppose or just attract people who turn up once when it’s cheap and are never seen again, but no harm in giving it a go.

I don’t even want compensation, the club does it to attract more fans in the future which should lead to better players for me to watch is my thinking.

The big question is whether these deals actually work in bringing new fans in I suppose or just attract people who turn up once when it’s cheap and are never seen again, but no harm in giving it a go.
I agree. I'm a ST holder, and yes of course I do it partly to save a bit of money. But there are also other reasons: to guarantee my seat, the convenience of not having to buy a ticket every time, the first dibs on away tickets, priority for cup matches etc etc.
So would I be outraged if tickets were a bit (or a lot) cheaper at some games? No. Am I convinced that a £2 ticket for a league game against the likes of Wycombe or Scunthorpe will create a load of new supporters? Not really. I suspect permanently very cheap tickets for under -18s would be more likely to work - to make coming a habit!

If you "boost" one game and get, maybe, 4,000 extras......... if 10% of those become supporters longer term its worth it IMHO.

Its good, as long as you don't just break even on what you were going to do with normal prices and don't have to incur added costs to do it. Otherwise, it could be said to be pointless

Perhaps, although it’s not all about making money on the day it happens, of course this would be ideal however, it’s whether it is likely to turn a profit longer term that is important.

But it does depend on the long term viability of a club vs having a cheap day out. I believe IL looked into kids for quids and it just wasn't viable - how many ticket did KT give away to schools?

I`ve always thought its about getting punters through the door. The overheads won`t change much as most of the "services" (if you call them that!) are outsourced catering, stewarding etc.
The extra customers buy a programme etc so create extra income, and the atmosphere improves a bit, the players see a load of faces rather than empty blue seats.
If you don`t follow the "kids for a quid" route then offer deals (£10 adult tickets £5 for kids to encourage families) to large local employers (NHS, BMW,etc etc) I`m often sent such details at work (NHS) for City or Tigers yet never see us do similar?

I'd bet stewarding is done on an attendance basis, otherwise no company would want to do it!

Regardless, if you offer a quid or 2 a ticket, will the punter always expect to pay a quid or two if they come back? Are there better deals out there, such as 2 for 20 quid where the punter gets an offer, but they are paying nearer the price point?

Back
Top Bottom