General Not sure what game some are watching?!

oxfordfan1

Between different social media sites, the mail web site and on here ive seen critism for taylor/woodburn/gorrin and henry branded a world beater......really??? Prawn sandwich fans who have never played football before and really understand the game must be, taylor last night showed hes going to be a handful and has nothing to prove at this level hes done it. Woodburn different class his ball control, eye for a pass, ball retention and skill is there for all to see. Gorrin just what you need infront of the back four loves a tackle and can play.....

Henry yes scored a few last year we had no better options, this season again too slow/half hearted passes/wayward passes/backs out of every challenge.

Prawn Sandwiches? The modern day football fan is surely all about a falafel and red pepper tapenade flatbread, or the local favourite, a grilled manchego and quince paste on artisan sourdough?
I agree, the prawn sandwich meal deal in Tesco is the cheapest they do!

I do wonder about some of our 'fans' some around me last night saying Robinson out, this teams worse than last years, relegation battle looming! Seriously considering moving seats as its just embarrassing the lack of football knowledge of some people. I thought Woodburn first half was unplayable, Taylor's movement was exceptional and once the wingers/midfielders train with him the ball will find him.

I do wonder about some of our 'fans' some around me last night saying Robinson out, this teams worse than last years, relegation battle looming! Seriously considering moving seats as its just embarrassing the lack of football knowledge of some people. I thought Woodburn first half was unplayable, Taylor's movement was exceptional and once the wingers/midfielders train with him the ball will find him.

It amazes me how some people who have been watching football for years every week still have very very little knowledge on it!

Prawn Sandwiches? The modern day football fan is surely all about a falafel and red pepper tapenade flatbread, or the local favourite, a grilled manchego and quince paste on artisan sourdough?
You get all that and more at the Blackbird...……..and dont forget the plastic glasses.

I thought Burton has done their homework and gave us absolutely no time and space at all. They also had very willing winners across the front line who gave us no space to play through them

We were not able to ever really get to grips with that. I personally would give more credit to Burton that criticism of us

It amazes me how some people who have been watching football for years every week still have very very little knowledge on it!
The other thing is that for many of us, we have seen us in the dark days as well as the good. As much I want Oxford to be a free flowing, counter attacking and promotion winning team who win every game in style, you can't be a lower league football fan without being philosophical about it. I'm just happy we are not a Bury or Bolton. I will support them now and wherever they end up in the future and struggle to get too worked up with results like last night.

Thank god for the few opinions in this thread. There was me thinking all oxford fans were thick. I actually thought Burton were a good side. Taylor even after just after last night looked too good for us with out being given much to do.

Totally agree looks quick, good movement, some good hold up play, hassles the defense and the few touches he had he looked more dangerous and more of a threat last night in 90minutes than our old mates smith/obika/Mackie did for the entire season last year hes gonna bang them in....

Woodburn was unplayable first half? Yet Burton seemed to be able to somehow play him by not allowing him to score or, indeed, assist... ?

I agree that Taylor did well but why does have to be always done in extremes - Woodburn was in no way ‘unplayable’, in the same way that Henry wasn’t ‘awful’ and we aren’t going to get relegated after one 4-2 loss!

Every now and then there will be a team that are just better than us on the day. Robinson has admitted he messed up with the subs but even then I think Burton deserve more credit.

I think Mous has deserved to keep his shirt up until now but it was only going to take 1 poor game for Moore to come in and take his place. You don't spend big money on a CB and then have him sat on the bench. It is also no shock to me that Dickie had a poor game when Mous was below par. Dickie is great if the player next to him is having a good game but if that player has a shaky game then so does our Dickie. I'm not sure he can currently cope to concentrate on his game and cover for an under performing player next to him.

Back
Top Bottom