Not entering into discussions.

Essexyellows

Seems a bit odd to me that the panel is unwilling to enter into discussions with us, the supporters according to the most recent minutes.

"OUSP Twitter and Yellows Forum (YF) accounts are to be used in general to signpost/act as noticeboard not to enter into discussions. Panel represents all fans and so members should bear that in mind in social media posts."

Whilst I may not the panel's Number 1 fan, it's a little self-defeating not to discuss matters with those they purport to represent. 🤷‍♀️

Another matter of interest would be:

"OxVox could email link to survey and if necessary give access to their survey monkey account."

I don`t have a problem with those I elect having access to systems & mailing lists that collate and use my personal data, but would draw a line at "others" using it who aren`t elected or formally part of OxVox.

Seems a bit odd to me that the panel is unwilling to enter into discussions with us, the supporters according to the most recent minutes.

"OUSP Twitter and Yellows Forum (YF) accounts are to be used in general to signpost/act as noticeboard not to enter into discussions. Panel represents all fans and so members should bear that in mind in social media posts."

Whilst I may not the panel's Number 1 fan, it's a little self-defeating not to discuss matters with those they purport to represent. 🤷‍♀️

"OxVox could email link to survey and if necessary give access to their survey monkey account."

I don`t have a problem with those I elect having access to systems & mailing lists that collate and use my personal data, but would draw a line at "others" using it who aren`t elected or formally part of OxVox.
You just need to look at most threads on here and the swift descent into bipartisan rhetoric to understand why Twitter and this forum are not the right channels for such a debate.

Having further looked into things after the meeting, and for that reason Oxvox did not email members, but did retweet the link. The OUSP did not use survey monkey, but their own Google forms.

You just need to look at most threads on here and the swift descent into bipartisan rhetoric to understand why Twitter and this forum are not the right channels for such a debate.

I thought the idea of said panel was to engage with supporters and represent them?

Whilst they might not like us or what we think we are all equal irrespective of what media we use.

I thought the idea of said panel was to engage with supporters and represent them?

Whilst they might not like us or what we think we are all equal irrespective of what media we use.
Yes but if they tried to distil what supporters want from Twitter and this forum, I'm not sure OUSP would be able to collate that effectively given the diametrically opposing views on most subjects.

I don't have the answer as to the best method of supporter engagement but I don't believe that this forum (which I suspect only actually has about 5-10% of active supporters on it anyway) and Twitter are the best channels.

If it were me - I'd set up a dedicated mailbox where supporters can send in suggestions, common themes can then be derived from these emails and the majority view on these topics discussed with the club. In addition, much as I hate the term some virtual 'focus groups' could be set up on the major topics but here's the thing, you only get to contribute if you can be bothered to turn up to one of the groups and put your points 'in person' rather than fire off anonymous posts which may be misunderstood or taken out of context without the ability to discuss them properly. That isn't a dig at you @Essexyellows by the way, I'm just trying to make a general point that imho posts on message boards are not the best source of what the general fanbase wants.

Yes but if they tried to distil what supporters want from Twitter and this forum, I'm not sure OUSP would be able to collate that effectively given the diametrically opposing views on most subjects.

I don't have the answer as to the best method of supporter engagement but I don't believe that this forum (which I suspect only actually has about 5-10% of active supporters on it anyway) and Twitter are the best channels.

If it were me - I'd set up a dedicated mailbox where supporters can send in suggestions, common themes can then be derived from these emails and the majority view on these topics discussed with the club. In addition, much as I hate the term some virtual 'focus groups' could be set up on the major topics but here's the thing, you only get to contribute if you can be bothered to turn up to one of the groups and put your points 'in person' rather than fire off anonymous posts which may be misunderstood or taken out of context without the ability to discuss them properly. That isn't a dig at you @Essexyellows by the way, I'm just trying to make a general point that imho posts on message boards are not the best source of what the general fanbase wants.
Ouspinfo@gmail.com

There should be an ability and willingness to listen to all views and engage with them.
All of us are pretty reasonable folk with one thing in common. The Club.
Focus on that first before anything else, the commonality is what glues us together despite our differences.
The majority of discussions on here are both reasonable and well-articulated, and most importantly they are "permanent" unlike Twitter et al where they are there and then gone in the tornado.
This place is more like the lounge or smoking room in the members club, whereas socials are more like the dancefloor in a nightclub playing rave tunes with people off their trees. :)
If folk are going to email in to the panel then they might just as well email AT directly, at least they know it has landed on the right desk and won`t get filtered out to suit other peoples thought processes.

Just resurrecting this thread aside from the "kit thread" to remind folk of the dik tat that:

If those who purport to represent us won`t enter into discussions then they are nothing more than a de facto mouthpiece for the club.
7 or 8 folks being patted on the head by AT, holding meetings, achieving the sum total of diddly and the occasional treat is thrown their way.

Crouch report box ticked and move on to the next "thing".

I've questioned the issue with the new kit launch or lack of, but that's a long way from criticising the Supporters Panel in everything they do.

They are still a new team made up of fans, and it is perhaps difficult to be a critical voice, especially if that voice isn't being heard.

Back
Top Bottom