Norman off to Walsall

Unless I missed it already being mentioned but rumour has it he fell out with Sean Derry to the extent they had a fight and Norman came off worse. A mate told me and he is not one for Bullsh*t.
Could be completely made up a- who knows.

Players who have left were not going to play, and those who have come in will make a difference. Being happy with where we are has nothing to do with recognising that (all things considered) this has been a far more positive transfer window than many were expecting. Browne is staying, Nelson appears to be too. We have Jordan Graham who is looking close to the form we saw previously, Sykes who has promise and Kashi who adds experience. Those who have left offered jack all!

And I know we need a striker! @bazzer9461 mentions it every 15 minutes!!! But as (nearly) everyone knows, you pick up players when they become available not based on need. We still have 2 weeks so try not to worry yourself just yet!

I hope your right and admire your optimism, cue the personal insults in future though and I’ll do likewise ?

Unless I missed it already being mentioned but rumour has it he fell out with Sean Derry to the extent they had a fight and Norman came off worse. A mate told me and he is not one for Bullsh*t.
Could be completely made up a- who knows.

Your brave, your get hammered on here for saying that, your’ll be called all sorts?

No great loss to lose a player who thought that he was a better player than he actually is. It's also a wage freed up. I personally wouldn't get excited over the transfer fee. I've known a club to make out they sold a player for an undisclosed fee before and that fee was the grand total of £1000 which was how much the agent's fee was.

How do you know that Norman thought he was better than he was?

Last edited:
KR is so short of money, we paid a transfer fee for Mark Sykes and Jordan Graham won't be on peanuts. I also doubt Kashi will be on peanuts either.

Which possibly means he doesn't have any money left for a forward of any quality.

Maybe.

Or maybe not.

One of their best players yesterday according to the locals here in Walsall.

He started off well with us...
The thing that I don't get us that Norman was brought I suspect as an U23 player with potential. He proved that he had a lot if potential.
Why did we let him go?
Finances and attitude both are possible answers?

He started off well with us...
The thing that I don't get us that Norman was brought I suspect as an U23 player with potential. He proved that he had a lot if potential.
Why did we let him go?
Finances and attitude both are possible answers?
Attitude alone I'd guess. He wouldn't have cost much, and doubt we made much if anything on the deal.

If you need big money for a much needed forward and you aint got it you offload all you can to scrape the money together.
If you need big money you get rid of someone for big money!!

They've brought in Sykes who could cover for Whyte going. Kashi could allow us to shift Brannaghan. Nelson would go for 2 or 3 times what we got for Norman and is out of contract in a few months and could be covered by Mous.

If we are relying on selling Norman to Walsall in order to fund a striker then we might as well give up now!

If you need big money you get rid of someone for big money!!

They've brought in Sykes who could cover for Whyte going. Kashi could allow us to shift Brannaghan. Nelson would go for 2 or 3 times what we got for Norman and is out of contract in a few months and could be covered by Mous.

If we are relying on selling Norman to Walsall in order to fund a striker then we might as well give up now!
We had three right backs so letting one go is a way of freeing up some money without weakening the side. Norman has potential but right now Long is a better player plus presumably no one offered us money for him. Norman had apparently also fallen out with management

We had three right backs so letting one go is a way of freeing up some money without weakening the side. Norman has potential but right now Long is a better player plus presumably no one offered us money for him. Norman had apparently also fallen out with management
I agree that letting him go was right for everyone, but it's not a sign that we're skint as some suggest!

Late for training, never did any extra work after training like others, thought he was billy big bollox, a young man with a bit to learn but could be a decent player

Late for training, never did any extra work after training like others, thought he was billy big bollox, a young man with a bit to learn but could be a decent player
If true then ok I can see why he was let go.
He certainly didn't seem time If the mould of players that Dan Harris wants in the academy ( which I assume is in line with what the club want from players)

Back
Top Bottom