Norman off to Walsall

Defo one of our best players bombing down the wing - OUFC old style - face didn't fit. Seems like the defenders didn't get on but disappointing and GL to the kid

Just how me and majority of fans are feeling at the moment, poor decision making and it’s painful to see, have amended, how do you see things at the moment, you happy, am just honestly asking?

Cheers for the amendment.

On the pitch, If we see the fabled strikers sign, keep Nelson then I'll be reasonably happy.

Off the pitch, the owners need to answer OxVox's questions and the club's communication has to improve. The 5 minute forum on RadOx has to involve proper answers, not PR fluff.

Long is ok
I think so too
A bit like Josh Ruffles,(albeit a few years behind Josh) in that he gets on with the job, is a decent squad player at L1 level, and he provides cover for several positions.
What used to be referred to as a utility player.
Sam is prone to making the odd mistake...but , who isnt ? ( Nelson at Fleetwood for example?)

I have to declare a slight bias re Sam Long, a Bicester lad, therefore, one of our own, as my youngest daughter used to babysit him when he was an ankle-biter

Defo one of our best players bombing down the wing - OUFC old style - face didn't fit. Seems like the defenders didn't get on but disappointing and GL to the kid

He did indeed get forward well but it was obvious that when he appeared in the final third he didn't have the nous to do anything of note, generally losing the ball and struggling back or just passing it backwards.

Just how me and majority of fans are feeling at the moment, poor decision making and it’s painful to see, have amended, how do you see things at the moment, you happy, am just honestly asking?
Glad you're now speaking for the majority!!

Sam Long may not be the greatest player who has ever represented our club, but he has been loyal, always giving his all and works hard in training. In the summer he was listed as being in the top 3 for fitness. He is also out of contract in the summer so would not be worth us selling or him going elsewhere.

Norman on the other hand comes across as a bit sulky, doesn't get on with the manager, and has barely set the world alight in his time here. He has a couple of years on his contract so worth moving on for a fresh start and to cut our loses.

As for Tiger looking to sell up, do you really think he is laughing all the way to the bank on the back of this deal? Wasn't he looking at offers for Nelson, Eastwood, Brannaghan and Whyte and thinking, sod that, lets cash in on Norman??

It's one thing not being happy, but another to spout rubbish time and time again!!

Glad you're now speaking for the majority!!

Sam Long may not be the greatest player who has ever represented our club, but he has been loyal, always giving his all and works hard in training. In the summer he was listed as being in the top 3 for fitness. He is also out of contract in the summer so would not be worth us selling or him going elsewhere.

Norman on the other hand comes across as a bit sulky, doesn't get on with the manager, and has barely set the world alight in his time here. He has a couple of years on his contract so worth moving on for a fresh start and to cut our loses.

As for Tiger looking to sell up, do you really think he is laughing all the way to the bank on the back of this deal? Wasn't he looking at offers for Nelson, Eastwood, Brannaghan and Whyte and thinking, sod that, lets cash in on Norman??

It's one thing not being happy, but another to spout rubbish time and time again!!

Not rubbish at all, stand back and take a look at what’s going on, forums are for opinions, we are moving more players on than strengthening, I’ll leave the spouting rubbish for you to continue like you always do!

I wonder if the falling out is between KR and the recruitment team, possibly after the Hansen nonsense. Norman is obviously a recruitment team signing.

Not rubbish at all, stand back and take a look at what’s going on, forums are for opinions, we are moving more players on than strengthening, I’ll leave the spouting rubbish for you to continue like you always do!
Raglan hasn't played, Norman hasn't played, Smith wasn't any good, Mitchell wasn't needed anymore so no loss at all.

We've brought in Jordan Graham who is already looking decent, Sykes who has huge potential and Kashi was brings experience and solidity at this level.

If you can't see that we have significantly strengthened then unfortunately you really do understand very little.

I suppose if we're going to lose players its better the likes of Norman are sold rather than Nelson, Brannagen etc and if better players come in it can only improve the team

Good luck to him. Not the messiah that some in our fan base are making him out to be, but a young player looking for a game. Having 4 RBs in a squad is silly, so moving him and McMahon on has been the right move for both.

3x FB's recruited in the summer. 2 are released in the following transfer window. The other one, is so Garbage, he is kept out of the team by a CM ?

Exactly at a time when we needeed to increase squad size, so that we arent reliant on inexperienced 16/17/18 olds on the bench, when we need to change things.

I'd feel a lot more confident having Kashi, Graham and Sykes on the bench than Norman, Raglan and Smith!

And I'm surprised that Robinson doesn't get more credit from the likes of @Mellowyellow! 6 months ago he was describing Norman as an unknown, part timer and how he's the next Dani Alves!!!
Not sure what to believe regarding Smith but if he happens to be here would you even put him on the bench?

Is KR trying to best Pep when it comes to the amount of failed signings they've made?

Obviously we don't know what was going on behind the scenes - it wouldn't surprise me if KR was a marmite manager with his playing staff. But I would be surprised if Norman had an attitude in general - would a player drop down so low in the pyramid, work hard and prove himself if they were a bit of a prima donna?

That all said though - what are the recruitment team doing? How has it gone from an average 75% hit rate under MApp to being less than 30% two years later?

Seems we've had two managers who relied much more on players they have personal experience with in prior jobs.

Pep scoured East European leagues for the players he managed in the Swedish league several years prior. While Robinson has got in Carruthers, Holmes and Kashi.

You'd assume the recruitment team flagged up Whyte, Norman, Sykes, Smith and maybe Browne. Difficult to say who wanted the likes of Mackie or Hanson.

And in between the two permanent managers, the team brought in Dickie and Brannagan. I'd say it's still a decent hit rate from the recruiters, if they exclusively got their way.

Back
Top Bottom