Norman off to Walsall

From first-teamer to poster boy in the Mirror before the Man City game to dropped out of the squad entirely to sold in less than half a year. Impressive stuff!

The chemistry was off here somewhere and no mistake!

I know life is all about opinions and football doubly so but, if people think Hanson is better than Norman then, I just don’t know any more.

Big mistake letting him go in my opinion, clearly a pacy, athletic full back with bags of potential. Must have had a falling out as people have said as he was one of our best players when he was playing regularly for a while. Of course his form dipped, as did everyone elses, but I don’t remember him making mistake after mistake (simple ones as well) which led to goals, as Hanson has. Repeatedly. And he has no pace.

Says a lot to me that he’s gone to another L1 club rather than dropped down a league.

No great loss to lose a player who thought that he was a better player than he actually is. It's also a wage freed up. I personally wouldn't get excited over the transfer fee. I've known a club to make out they sold a player for an undisclosed fee before and that fee was the grand total of £1000 which was how much the agent's fee was.

Unpopular opinion here, but I don’t think he’s been quite as good as others have made out on here. Maybe it’s rawness, maybe because his main run of games was alongside Mousinho who is ropey in defence, but I didn’t see a great player in there. Only an ordinary one.

If it is another player off our books, the scouting team best start working doubly hard. I’ll be very worried if we’re going to be relying on the even-more-ordinary Sam Long (if we decide to move Hanson around) to keep us up this season.

In most clubs long wouldn't even get a look in on the bench. Every time I see him, he has a mistake in him, and is very light weight.

I know life is all about opinions and football doubly so but, if people think Hanson is better than Norman then, I just don’t know any more.

Big mistake letting him go in my opinion, clearly a pacy, athletic full back with bags of potential. Must have had a falling out as people have said as he was one of our best players when he was playing regularly for a while. Of course his form dipped, as did everyone elses, but I don’t remember him making mistake after mistake (simple ones as well) which led to goals, as Hanson has. Repeatedly. And he has no pace.

Says a lot to me that he’s gone to another L1 club rather than dropped down a league.

That would be ironic. Fully agree with the opening sentence, pacey and athletic.

Then who are we to judge kr's decision making, after everything he has achieved this season.

We can argue all day about who was the better RB, it’s spltiitng hairs of I’m honest as none have been outstanding.

Deal just made sense all round. Clearly fell out of favour for whatever reason. Got a fee for him and freed up some space on the wage bill. Won’t lose any sleep over it.

I think once you’ve had a fal out with KR there is no forgiveness. I noticed at Brentford when he came on Robinson berated him the whole time. Can’t do much for your confidence. I liked him but he was never given much of a chance. Good luck to him, I think he’ll prove to be one that got away.

I think once you’ve had a fal out with KR there is no forgiveness. I noticed at Brentford when he came on Robinson berated him the whole time. Can’t do much for your confidence. I liked him but he was never given much of a chance. Good luck to him, I think he’ll prove to be one that got away.

Didn't McMahon have a fall out with KR, then came back in and had a run in the side until injury?

... shouldnt that be one of a few that have got away ?:unsure:

Norman wasn't a bad player, but came across as someone who didn't take direction well. When we played well against Burton he showed that he could run at teams and push their full backs back, but he lacked discipline in defence. Several times against Coventry he seemed to be playing more for the cameras. He wanted to boom on forward but would then lose the ball and sulk on the halfway line rather than getting back. In a good side, he could well be an asset, but he's currently not good enough for a team who needs to battle and do the basic things well. A potential loss, but currently a gamble that didn't pay off.

Dear oh dear, nothing makes sense at the moment, and we still keep Sam Long, don’t get it whatsoever unless Tigers looking to sell the club quickly, it looks that way......

Last edited:
I wonder if KR is happy to have Lofthouse (or is it Elechi who plays on the right, but I did think he played on the left?) as 3rd choice back up/cover. KR has given him a pro contract and seen plenty of him play. Lofthouse looks physically capable based on the little I've seen of him.

Fair enough, you don't think Sam Long is good enough but did you really need the expletive in there?

Just how me and majority of fans are feeling at the moment, poor decision making and it’s painful to see, have amended, how do you see things at the moment, you happy, am just honestly asking?

Is KR trying to best Pep when it comes to the amount of failed signings they've made?

Obviously we don't know what was going on behind the scenes - it wouldn't surprise me if KR was a marmite manager with his playing staff. But I would be surprised if Norman had an attitude in general - would a player drop down so low in the pyramid, work hard and prove himself if they were a bit of a prima donna?

That all said though - what are the recruitment team doing? How has it gone from an average 75% hit rate under MApp to being less than 30% two years later?

Is KR trying to best Pep when it comes to the amount of failed signings they've made?

Obviously we don't know what was going on behind the scenes - it wouldn't surprise me if KR was a marmite manager with his playing staff. But I would be surprised if Norman had an attitude in general - would a player drop down so low in the pyramid, work hard and prove himself if they were a bit of a prima donna?

That all said though - what are the recruitment team doing? How has it gone from an average 75% hit rate under MApp to being less than 30% two years later?

f**k all by the look of things!

Back
Top Bottom