Nile Ranger

At least he hasn't caused the death of anyone like McCormick and Chapman did. If we use that as a precedent...

This is a great interview with him, really asking tough questions. It is 2 hours long but I felt better about the idea after watching it.

Last edited:
I reckon Tiger read this forum and everybody saying how rubbish Maynard is!

Or because he was too costly. Ranger is willing to pay for free.

I think anyone can see that we (me included) were very, very wrong in our views on Maynard.

f*****g Nile Ranger though?!

Imagine we offer him a contract. Last game of the season we need a win to stay up. Nile comes
On as sub, and scores the winning goal that keeps us in League One. What would your thoughts be then....

I’m sure you wouldn’t be thinking “I’d rather we got relegated than him keeping us up”?

Or because he was too costly. Ranger is willing to pay for free.

I think anyone can see that we (me included) were very, very wrong in our views on Maynard.

f*****g Nile Ranger though?!

I’ll judge Maynard at the end of the season! Plus he is playing in Div2

Imagine we offer him a contract. Last game of the season we need a win to stay up. Nile comes
On as sub, and scores the winning goal that keeps us in League One. What would your thoughts be then....

I’m sure you wouldn’t be thinking “I’d rather we got relegated than him keeping us up”?

I’d be thinking why didn’t he score more goals before now

I’d be thinking why didn’t he score more goals before now

Maybe he will! Who knows... only one way to find out, and at this moment we need numbers up top, because we’re very light there until January.

If we sign Nile Ranger and we're still in the relegation zone 45 games in, he ain't the answer. It's not worth risking all the baggage Ranger brings with just for the sake of a goal or two.

He'll fit in nicely with Gobbo's set up. And, if the club is short of a bob or two, I hear he knows a few things about banks.

Of course, first, you've got to get him to turn up on time, be fit and not get dragged away at half time by TVP for some new misdemeanour.

Just the player we need to enhance the fine reputation of Tiger's plan for Oxford United FC Ltd. at the heart of this great city of ours!

You don’t know that though. We might not be in the relegation zone. It’s all hypothetical of course.

The problem with football it’s morally bankrupt, there are so many players that have had issues within football and out of it.

I give you Luke McCormick,Adam Chapman, Lee Hughes, Marlon King, Jamie Lawrence, Tony Adams. The list can probably go on. At the end of the day it’s there job, and if we offer him a contract or not. Someone will! That’s the problem. We don’t get a say in the matter sadly.

2007: Armed robbery
August 2011: Assault (ultimately cleared)
October 2011: Drunk and disorderly
March 2012: Fined for homophobic Tweets by the FA
September 2012: Criminal damage to a house
January 2013: Charged with rape (ultimately cleared)
Marsh 2013: Assault
March 2014: Criminal damage to a taxi
April 2014: Criminal damage to flat, "in an incident where he additionally appeared to strike his female companion three times on the face." (Wiki)
May 2014: Probably drunk driving
December 2016: Fraud

I mean yeah there's 'football is morally bankrupt' and then there's ^that^

Thanks but no thanks

2007: Armed robbery
August 2011: Assault (ultimately cleared)
October 2011: Drunk and disorderly
March 2012: Fined for homophobic Tweets by the FA
September 2012: Criminal damage to a house
January 2013: Charged with rape (ultimately cleared)
Marsh 2013: Assault
March 2014: Criminal damage to a taxi
April 2014: Criminal damage to flat, "in an incident where he additionally appeared to strike his female companion three times on the face." (Wiki)
May 2014: Probably drunk driving
December 2016: Fraud

I mean yeah there's 'football is morally bankrupt' and then there's ^that^

Thanks but no thanks
I wouldn’t mind so much if he’d ever proved himself to be anything more than a distinctly average footballer.

I’ve just taken a quick squint at his wiki page. At the bottom there’s a big speech after he’s booted out at Blackpool where he apologises to players fans and staff about his conduct and lack of application etc etc. He subsequently signs for Southend were lo and behold he’s booted out for ‘reoccurring disciplinary issue’ This is one leopard who’ll never change his spots unfortunately

I suppose the suprise in news he is training with us is that he actually turned up. Last thing the management team need right now is nursing him along, he's never changed or learnt by the look of it.

Back
Top Bottom