Nile Ranger

Apologies I am unable to name my source for obvious reasons but I was told today that Nile Ranger will not be signing, put simply it was to much of a risk.

I was prepared to give him a go, but I don’t pay the bills.
Surely the risk hasnt changed from when he started training with us?

Give him a chance easy for club to cancel his contract if he cocks up get rid have a feeling he knows it is his last chance maybe his young wild days r in the past. Maybe we should give him his last chance !!.

I was also told that Jordan Graham is doing very well, integrating very smoothly.

From what I’ve heard.

If he isn’t involved on Tuesday night then I suspect it’s a dead deal. Robinson wants him , believe me he’s in the Maynard boat in his eyes. However, he appreciates he’s lost sections of the fans so daren’t sign him at a risk of further loss of the fan base.

So, tomorrow or early Tuesday expect some news either way..

Two possible scenarios if true: a) They’ve listened to the fanbase’s opinion or b) Somebody better/safer has become available..?

Or scenario c) He didn't accept what was on offer/kr wasn't allowed to sign him as per Maynard.

Oh and did I hear the Gob's post match interview correct, that we went after two of Bradford's front line last summer?
I cant see that being right, as both were match fit in the summer, and can score goals, not kr's type of player at all.

Or scenario c) He didn't accept what was on offer/kr wasn't allowed to sign him as per Maynard.

Oh and did I hear the Gob's post match interview correct, that we went after two of Bradford's front line last summer?
I cant see that being right, as both were match fit in the summer, and can score goals, not kr's type of player at all.
It was better than that. He said he wanted all three. Ball, Doyle and Payne. It seems every time we play someone now, KR had wanted to sign at least one of their front players!!

It was better than that. He said he wanted all three. Ball, Doyle and Payne. It seems every time we play someone now, KR had wanted to sign at least one of their front players!!
Win/win situation for him. If we lose but one of his ‘targets’ scores it still shows what a great manager he is ?

I thought it was common knowledge that we wanted to sign Doyle? And the fact that we wanted to re-sign Payne shouldn't really be a surprise should it? So perhaps cut KR a bit of slack with this one, eh? Oh, but I forgot, we lost, so once again, he's the worst manager in the world and we need to sack him asap.

I thought it was common knowledge that we wanted to sign Doyle? And the fact that we wanted to re-sign Payne shouldn't really be a surprise should it? So perhaps cut KR a bit of slack with this one, eh? Oh, but I forgot, we lost, so once again, he's the worst manager in the world and we need to sack him asap.

A little harsh to sack him asap. Its not as if we have been in or around the relegation zone all season is it. Oh, hang on a minute....

There isn't really any need to cut him slack. It's what he said and we seemed to be after lots of players in the summer, many more than we could have signed. My post was a bit tongue in cheek as well.
And where in the post did I say he needed to be sacked? Nowhere is the answer!!

From what I’ve heard.

If he isn’t involved on Tuesday night then I suspect it’s a dead deal. Robinson wants him , believe me he’s in the Maynard boat in his eyes. However, he appreciates he’s lost sections of the fans so daren’t sign him at a risk of further loss of the fan base.

So, tomorrow or early Tuesday expect some news either way..

There we have it..

Although I think it’s the correct decision I have to say that that article confuses me a bit. In short it says that although Robinson was pleased with Ranger - in that it infers that he did all that was asked of him during the trial - Robinson has basically changed his mind. His prerogative I suppose but a bit of a waste of time all round.

To be fair though, maybe he was just too far off the pace now for a professional contact offer to be considered?

As stated by the director at the ox vox meeting the board has the final say on all player deals. I thought his body language as he answered was pretty clear Mr Ranger would not be playing for OUFC. Whatever else the board is doing reputation will be key, Ranger signing would degrade the club's reputation so I think KR has had his mind made up for him. Good

Last edited:
Also, regardless of individual feelings, he has 'done his time'.

It would be unfair of the club to openly reject Ranger on the basis of past misdeeds.

Well I hope Robbo has his eyes set on the January transfer window with the view to bringing in a couple of decent strikers

Back
Top Bottom