Nile Ranger

I think the poll will overwhelmingly result in a no we don’t want him here which is understandable, however I can’t remember much fuss of Mcormick whennhe came here although I did receive a 25% ban for my comments.

How does a 25% ban work? Could you only post 18 hours a day? That must have been annoying.

How does a 25% ban work? Could you only post 18 hours a day? That must have been annoying.
No 25% ban was a warning and it remained for about 4 months
I hadn’t been a member of the forum for long when it was announced the Mcormick was coming here and I used every swear word I could think of calling him a c**t and so forth

Last edited:
Recent form has gone some way to restoring faith in Robinson after the summer transfer debacle and dire early season form. If this bloke ever plays for us it Robinson’s judgement will rightly be questioned. He needs to get over not being allowed to sign Maynard and focus on our own youngsters and identifying a decent target for January.

Re Maynard. Am I misremembering, or did Robinson reckon that he could get '10 or 15 minutes' per game out of him? If that was the case, any owner would have been mad to let him spend the money (and I agree that in any case that ship has sailed and Robinson needs to let it go, let go let go, let it go-oooooh).

• React
Reactions: MJB
Re Maynard. Am I misremembering, or did Robinson reckon that he could get '10 or 15 minutes' per game out of him? If that was the case, any owner would have been mad to let him spend the money (and I agree that in any case that ship has sailed and Robinson needs to let it go, let go let go, let it go-oooooh).

Think it’s the fans that need to get over Maynard tbh

Don't be surprised if he gets a deal very soon. It was clear from Robbo's interview that he has virtually ran out of patience with Smith. And he said that Mackie is still not fit and can't play all the games. It divides opinion and many people don't like it but I think it's coming!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Robinson has his eye on the Oxford City striker who scored three at Tranmere today. He as also at Milton Keynes Dons from 2014/7

When Robinson referred to the number of players on 'treatment tables' he included Nile Ranger. To me that just indicates it's a done deal waiting to be announced. Maybe it's desperation on KR's part but he's taking a big career gamble, at least where his management of OUFC is concerned.

When Robinson referred to the number of players on 'treatment tables' he included Nile Ranger. To me that just indicates it's a done deal waiting to be announced. Maybe it's desperation on KR's part but he's taking a big career gamble, at least where his management of OUFC is concerned.

It’s a gamble but as a result of a problem of his own making.

His recruitment (well, the collective recruitment team including the chairman) over the summer was pants. That Ranger is actually looking a viable option tells us what a pig ear we made of bringing in strikers this summer.

It’s a gamble but as a result of a problem of his own making.

His recruitment (well, the collective recruitment team including the chairman) over the summer was pants. That Ranger is actually looking a viable option tells us what a pig ear we made of bringing in strikers this summer.
It’s specifically linked to the performances of Smith. That was a big gamble that just hasn’t come off unfortunately.

It’s specifically linked to the performances of Smith. That was a big gamble that just hasn’t come off unfortunately.

In two games where he has had his chance, his timing to get to the chances is so wrong. Part of this may be the fault of kr. he waited so long to sign him, made a big thing of him joining then has restricted his appearances to a point when it has come this week to; you wanted your chance, two/three games coming up show me what you are about.

So much pressure heaped on the young lad, really unfair. It's not really surprising that he hasn't performed. KR should have shown far more faith in him earlier in the season.

Again, announcing Jordan Rhodes is training with us, bad move? Should he have kept quiet about it. He's looking forward so far to January that part of me thinks he has forgotten that there nearly 2 months to go yet.

In two games where he has had his chance, his timing to get to the chances is so wrong. Part of this may be the fault of kr. he waited so long to sign him, made a big thing of him joining then has restricted his appearances to a point when it has come this week to; you wanted your chance, two/three games coming up show me what you are about.

So much pressure heaped on the young lad, really unfair. It's not really surprising that he hasn't performed. KR should have shown far more faith in him earlier in the season.

Again, announcing Jordan Rhodes is training with us, bad move? Should he have kept quiet about it. He's looking forward so far to January that part of me thinks he has forgotten that there nearly 2 months to go yet.
Stop it. You’re getting me really excited now ?

Robinson, you said that Ranger made a mistake, so should be given a chance!
No he hasn't made a mistake, he has made mistake after planned mistake after planned mistake.
This guy is toxic.

Back
Top Bottom