NHS Covid-19 app

Will you download the app?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Information about the app and where to download can be found here: https://covid19.nhs.uk/

Will you be downloading?

It's had a fair bit of criticism from Apple users as it's only supported on an OS version from May 2029, where as Android is from a 2015 OS.

Not the NHS or governments doing as it uses an app developed by Apple and Google.

Last edited:
Will you be downloading?

It's had a fair bit of criticism from Apple users as it's only supported on an OS version from May 2029, where as Android is from a 2015 OS.

Not the NHS or governments doing as it uses an app developmeed by Apple and Google.
iPhone 6s onwards

do they do a version for technology luddites ?.... if they don't, I guess I wont be using anything like it anytime soon, or for the foreseeable future either :rolleyes:

Checked into a hotel in Bournemouth earlier and before you order a drink or food from the bar I had to download the app. If I didn’t download it they wouldn’t of served me.

do they do a version for technology luddites ?.... if they don't, I guess I wont be using anything like it anytime soon, or for the foreseeable future either :rolleyes:
Yeah it's called "Excuse me, do you have Covid?.......Excuse me, do you have Covid?.......Excuse me, do you have Covid?.......Excuse me, do you have Covid?.......Excuse me, do you have Covid?.......Excuse me, do you have Covid?.......Excuse me, do you have Covid?......."

Checked into a hotel in Bournemouth earlier and before you order a drink or food from the bar I had to download the app. If I didn’t download it they wouldn’t of served me.

What if you’d said you didn’t have a phone/it had run out of battery/you didn’t have any space on it? There must have been another option to leave your details etc

What if you’d said you didn’t have a phone/it had run out of battery/you didn’t have any space on it? There must have been another option to leave your details etc
On the odd occasion Ive visited a hostelry, cafe or hotel, they've been happy enough to write down my name and number... even those who prefer the app type of things, once they've seen my mobile phone- (which makes and takes calls and SMS messages and that's all) , have relented their stance and noted details with pen n paper - guess my £ is as good as anyone else's ... and table service only means I can ask for drink or food and it gets delivered quickly ( faster than those relying on t'internet apps) :sneaky:

Yes you signed in before you got taken to your seat but they insisted that we did the nhs app before accepting an order. Said it was new and they only started it today. So if you are planning on staying at the village hotel in Bournemouth make sure you can download the app.

Yes you signed in before you got taken to your seat but they insisted that we did the nhs app before accepting an order. Said it was new and they only started it today. So if you are planning on staying at the village hotel in Bournemouth make sure you can download the app.
cheers for the heads up, I'll give em a swerve .... ain't having food nazis telling me I must first shell out on a new . expensive hand help device (that I dont want thankyou), to eat in their establishment. B*****s to em ;)

Had/have some concerns about the collection of data but seeing as there’s very little of interest for Cummings other than me occasionally walking to the pub, coop and the house I’m not too bothered.

If it cuts down the time we have to live with this virus by a day then it’s worth the download.

cheers for the heads up, I'll give em a swerve .... ain't having food nazis telling me I must first shell out on a new . expensive hand help device (that I dont want thankyou), to eat in their establishment. B*****s to em ;)

That’s why we cancelled our diner table and booked into Toby Carvary down the road lol .

No, can't download even if I want to as its prohibited by our corporate policy on work phones. If this changes, then I'll look again at it.

Back
Top Bottom