Next two home games.

Yellow River

Next two home games are against MK followed by Blackpool, anything less than 3 points from the two matches then I think Pep will be on his way. The buck stops with Darryl, he will have to make some big decisions to stop the free fall and protect his asset. So does he back Pep, does he believe in Pep, does he trust Pep?

The danger signs have been there for all to see for some time. Below is what I said on Nov 16th, over 6 weeks ago. I’m not trying to say “I told you so” I hope we win the next two home games and I look a complete fool. But I’m seriously concerned.

Losing Nelson and now Hall within the space of a week is a huge blow.

Nelson is our best defender and Hall is one of the few with any pace and trickery to beat a player.

I'm seriously worried now, the sooner we get to 50 plus points the better.

This is where Pep earns his corn.

Read more: http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/user/152/recent#ixzz52mAw4pc4

We’ll win one, we’ll lose one. We’ll pull clearer of relegation and then fall back again.

The dullest season since 2012-13 will continue unabated.

Just think where we’d be if MApp has stayed - improving young stars, well-scouted sellable assets, unfuckedup cup competitions, progress ...

We’ll win one, we’ll lose one. We’ll pull clearer of relegation and then fall back again.

The dullest season since 2012-13 will continue unabated.

Just think where we’d be if MApp has stayed - improving young stars, well-scouted sellable assets, unfuckedup cup competitions, progress ...

So frustrating isn’t it. We had a successful formula, then we go and rip it up. Doesn’t make sense.

If a mere fan as myself could see the warning sign over 6 weeks ago then surely professional football people could see it. I just hope a positive plan has been put in place for the January window.

Problem is, Eales appears to have totally lost interest in anything OUFC related

his multitude of enlightening proclamations in the local media of late confirm

Will he say or 'do' anything regarding the worrying slump in form or if the current slump worsens after the vital next 2 games?

I doubt it

Surely the club is worth more to Darryl as a saleable asset in League 1 than it is in League 2. I’ve got to the stage now where I just hope he does enough in the January window to help us avoid relegation.

And now it looks as if Rothwell is crocked.

I’d bite your hand off to finish the season in the current position we are in the table.

looking at upcoming matches over the next month or so it's more than the next 2 games that give major concern given our current state...it's hard to see many pts heading our way by mid feb.

But Darryl will not sack him - he's almost as "nice" as PC himself! We are stuck with "fockus" for the remainder of this season because the truth is - we cannot afford to get rid. We are skint & our pathetic dabblings in players over the next few weeks will demonstrate this. Happy New Year to all those who love our once proud club.

Not too worried about relegation at this stage, as I think we should still finish higher than the teams currently occupying the relegation spots.
Incidentally, just noticed that Wigan have not scored in their 2 games since hitting 7 against us. But they do play Northampton next.

Problem is, Eales appears to have totally lost interest in anything OUFC related

his multitude of enlightening proclamations in the local media of late confirm

Will he say or 'do' anything regarding the worrying slump in form or if the current slump worsens after the vital next 2 games?

I doubt it

Darryl was wearing the Oxford Utd Christmas jumper at the Wigan game, so not sure he's completely lost all interest related to the club.

Was he in the stands with the fans ???

Directors box. I did shout down to Darryl as he left the directors box at half time during the Wigan game by saying 'come on Darryl you need to sort this out', by which he replied by insinuating with his hands and facial expressions as to what could he do about it as it was related to what's happening on the pitch. I replied by saying 'not on the pitch Darryl, but off it, as it's effecting what's happening on the pitch' He just carried on, but hopefully the seed had been planted if it hadn't already. By the way, Tiger was there, but not directly with Darryl. e.g. sat elsewhere. All very odd if you ask me.

surely though mapp had himself stated that there was now/then a need to look elsewhere as others were now fishing in the same river

I’m not convinced Mapp really believed or wanted to say those words, I think it’s possible he was just toeing the new party line. He left soon after saying them..

Back
Top Bottom