Next seasons odds

Who’s your money on next season to go up and down?
I always like to put a couple of quid on a 3 team accumulators for promotion/relegation from Championship, L1 + L2.

For L1, I'm thinking Blackpool (5/1) for promotion and Accrington (3/1). Can never bring myself to back Oxford and as you said the odds look a bit short

I always like to put a couple of quid on a 3 team accumulators for promotion/relegation from Championship, L1 + L2.

For L1, I'm thinking Blackpool (5/1) for promotion and Accrington (3/1). Can never bring myself to back Oxford and as you said the odds look a bit short
I think though if people look at it impartiality the 3 clubs who came down all have major issues along with Sunderland who have been 3/1 for the previous 2 seasons. Peterborough will have or have lost 3 or 4 of their best players and have a chairman whose mouth hasn’t done them any favours. This leaves Pompey whose fans don’t like the manager and are becoming increasingly worried about transfer inactivity plus Fleetwood ( Joey Barton issues) and us.

It's going to be a tough league. The usual big clubs, Peterborough, Ipswich, Charlton, Sunderland, Hull etc will be up there with their spending power. Swindon came up strong, and are looking at bigger players in Grigg. That could be wishful thinking though. Bristol Rovers and Blackpool have assembled solid squads early, and I think both will be up there.
It will be clubs that can bring in the experienced players at this level, that will see them over the line, rather than those that have taken a punt on players they hope will get them over the line. You have to hit the ground running.

Should be offering odds on clubs actually surviving the season tbf.

Doubtless I will do my silly annual bet that rarely pays out! ?
Win FA Cup
Win League
Win League Cup
Get promoted.

I’ve done a season bet

Premier Lge winners Liverpool
Championship Watford
Lge 1 OUFC
Lge 2 Port Vale

£10 pays out potentially £50k
I agree on 2 of these, Vale will be close and I would opt for Norwich just.

I agree on 2 of these, Vale will be close and I would opt for Norwich just.

Yeah the Championship is a tough one to call. I’m confident on the other 3.

I could get a good cash out come Xmas or Just before Easter. Not a bad bet though!

I would go for Lincoln in the playoffs, but Bet365 aren't doing odds on anything but winners/promotion at the minute. And I won't back U's with cash as it's just a jinx for me, before I get attacked!

I would go for Lincoln in the playoffs, but Bet365 aren't doing odds on anything but winners/promotion at the minute. And I won't back U's with cash as it's just a jinx for me, before I get attacked!
Im the same ...wont bet on the U's in case it jinxes em

It's going to be a tough league. The usual big clubs, Peterborough, Ipswich, Charlton, Sunderland, Hull etc will be up there with their spending power. Swindon came up strong, and are looking at bigger players in Grigg. That could be wishful thinking though. Bristol Rovers and Blackpool have assembled solid squads early, and I think both will be up there.
It will be clubs that can bring in the experienced players at this level, that will see them over the line, rather than those that have taken a punt on players they hope will get them over the line. You have to hit the ground running.
Big club... Peterborough?

I can see why Sunderland are favourites. If they start well they will gain momentum. Peterborough I think have lost their main striker. Charlton unless they have new investment will find it tough.
For me I think Portsmouth with Oxford runners up.

I don't think I'd have the confidence to bet on anyone as outright winners this year. Reckon it's set to be the same as last time, just little pockets of form here and there, and I think the top spots are going to change hands quite a bit.

I'd rather a league where there's a fair few 7/10 or 8/10 teams, like last year, than a league where two teams just blitz it (Wigan Blackburn a couple of years ago, Luton Barnsley in 2018/19). It makes it tight, but also a bit more forgiving. You can go through a bad run without losing too much ground on the other teams, and can be confident in the knowledge that they will all slip up at points too. Given, as much as I am loving KR's tenure, our occasional tendency to hit a bit of a rut for a few games under him, I'd rather a league where you don't need to be winning every weekend just to keep pace with the autos. By all accounts, no-one seems to be standing out as obvious candidates for running away with it this year, so I for one am pleased.

Big club... Peterborough?

Big club or not (and they're not) they should have been Champions last season. They had the best squad in the division and a considerable amount of my money on them. With Ivan Toney and Mo Eisa up front and Marcus Maddison behind them there was no excuse for their inconsistency. The weakest link was and is their manager; I backed them despite Ferguson. They will surely be weaker without Toney and I can't see them challenging this season; I hope not anyway.

Back
Top Bottom