Next Seasons Kit

So confirmed that we will have three animals on the front of our shirts next season -- the Oxford ox, the Puma puma and the Singha funny lion thing. I hope we are not breaking any football league rules! Tiger in the board room too ... #facking_circus

So confirmed that we will have three animals on the front of our shirts next season -- the Oxford ox, the Puma puma and the Singha funny lion thing. I hope we are not breaking any football league rules! Tiger in the board room too ... #facking_circus
Well we could be sponsored by Animalates as well, or whatever it was...

Just wondering if this puts an end to a tie-up with Carabao as they would have been an obvious choice for shirt sponsor?

Impressed with Singha.

No, they were blank I believe (without sponsor).

My understanding is that any age restricted products and services cannot appear on youth team shirts if all the team are under 18 at the start of the season. I presume this will extend to retail (junior/infant shirts will be blank as well). Although the club obviously can't do anything about a child who wears adult sizes, so there will still be some fans under 18 wearing clothing advertising alcohol.

Wouldn't even bother for £15 now. May as well put that £15 towards the new shirt or t-shirt etc.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1...ood_news_for_all_but_one_player/?ref=mrb&lp=1

Owen James can't have the sponsorship on his shirt until he turns 18.

Impressed with Singha.

No, they were blank I believe (without sponsor).

My understanding is that any age restricted products and services cannot appear on youth team shirts if all the team are under 18 at the start of the season. I presume this will extend to retail (junior/infant shirts will be blank as well). Although the club obviously can't do anything about a child who wears adult sizes, so there will still be some fans under 18 wearing clothing advertising alcohol.

Wouldn't even bother for £15 now. May as well put that £15 towards the new shirt or t-shirt etc.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1...ood_news_for_all_but_one_player/?ref=mrb&lp=1

Owen James can't have the sponsorship on his shirt until he turns 18.

Ha. Does the same apply to gambling companies infiltrating the top flight shirts? Probably more of a societal issue related to that area and football I would suggest.

Ha. Does the same apply to gambling companies infiltrating the top flight shirts? Probably more of a societal issue related to that area and football I would suggest.

I'd assume it would be the same as don't you have to be 18 to bet?

Hm. That's not how it read to me.

http://handbook.fapublications.com/#!/book/26/chapter/kit-and-advertising-regulations

8. Without limiting the effect of the above, in the case of a team comprising players all under the age of 18 years on 31 August in the current season, the appearance on or incorporation in any item of Clothing of any reference whatsoever to a product, service or other activity which is considered by The Association as detrimental to the welfare, health or general interest of young persons, or is otherwise considered inappropriate, having regard to the age of the players, is prohibited.

It is the view of The Association that examples of such products, services or related activities would include, but are not limited to, age restricted products, services and related activities such as alcohol and gambling. Generally, reference to a public house or restaurant may be permissible, unless the establishment primarily or exclusively exists for the supply and consumption of alcohol (which is likely to be reflected in its alcohol licensing conditions). Alcoholic drinks, breweries and products, services or activities related to gambling are unlikely to be permissible under any circumstances.

It specifically says all; I couldn't see any mention of an under 18 player in the first-team with mixed ages.

Also, there are examples of players under 18 wearing age restricted products and services while playing for the first-team. Rekeem Harper, aged 17.

2017_08_12_harper_afcb.jpg

http://handbook.fapublications.com/#!/book/26/chapter/kit-and-advertising-regulations

It specifically says all; I couldn't see any mention of an under 18 player in the first-team with mixed ages.

Also, there are examples of players under 18 wearing age restricted products and services while playing for the first-team. Rekeem Harper, aged 17.

View attachment 562

Fair dos. I was only going off the Oxford Mail and making an assumption.

Fair dos. I was only going off the Oxford Mail and making an assumption.

Yeah, fair enough. That was my interpretation, that's all. I could be wrong but didn't read anything concerning restrictions on players under 18 while playing for the first-team. But it's not really a big deal either way.

With loads of betting companies now sponsoring football teams, the rules may also be changing from next season. I think Labour wanted them tightened.

We might get chicken satay on a stick at half time instead of half frozen pies... Can only live in hope!

Half frozen? I made the mistake of diving into a homity pie a little too keenly and almost ended up looking like Mason Verger. Damn near burned my face off.

8. Without limiting the effect of the above, in the case of a team comprising players all under the age of 18 years on 31 August in the current season, the appearance on or incorporation in any item of Clothing of any reference whatsoever to a product, service or other activity which is considered by The Association as detrimental to the welfare, health or general interest of young persons, or is otherwise considered inappropriate, having regard to the age of the players, is prohibited.

It is the view of The Association that examples of such products, services or related activities would include, but are not limited to, age restricted products, services and related activities such as alcohol and gambling. Generally, reference to a public house or restaurant may be permissible, unless the establishment primarily or exclusively exists for the supply and consumption of alcohol (which is likely to be reflected in its alcohol licensing conditions). Alcoholic drinks, breweries and products, services or activities related to gambling are unlikely to be permissible under any circumstances.

View attachment 562

2f5361a43b1d9a72dade3536afddfb63.jpg

BBC Oxford sport to have a pic of the new shirt with Tiger on its twitter page, not sure how to post it on here.

If it is the shirt it's a cracker!

Back
Top Bottom