Next Manager

Much like Mourinho, the clever managers never walk out on a football contract. I am aware that KR comes from that very same school of thought. I don't suspect for one minute he doesn't fear the boot or realises he is under huge huge pressure BUT he is also very cock-sure about himself and he knows if he is to leave, he'll be walking away with a wad of cash.

And for anyone close enough to the club, they'll know that the above is very very true;) - he's waiting to get the boot I reckon.
Interesting

Much as I sympathise with the sentiments, I think that there is very little chance that Thanakarnjanasuth will fire KR. Partly it will come down to a refusal to accept the loss of face involved in getting rid of someone that he personally chose and has personally supported, partly down to his surreal view of the present situation and inability to grasp the true seriousness of our current predicament. He will continue to be, in any meaningful terms, an absentee owner, offering trite absurd comments from far away which merely reinforce what an utterly shocking decision it was when Eales sold us to him.

Either KR’s continued claim that he has built a good squad and has been let down by injuries will be proved correct and we will climb again as the injured return, with new additions such as Graham and Sykes – but almost certainly without Nelson (and Browne?) – or it will become clear that the current squad contains too many of the inadequate, the past it and the long term injured and we will see a continued decline as other teams rediscover their form and leave us adrift. I don’t actually think that the former is entirely out of the question at the moment but if it does turn out to be the latter, don’t hold your breath expecting any change in manager from Thanakarnjanasuth until it is far too late to make any difference.

If it ever comes down to it I think it'll go like this. Just imagine Tiger as George and KR as Maura.

I think people are getting lost in the nitty-gritty of debate.

That’s true. I’ve seen some opinions dressed up as facts in this thread from both those for and against Robinson. Read in isolation you’d think we have one of Dave Kemp or Alex Ferguson at the helm!

I think the churlish need to acknowledge that KR has had decent successes in his career and his supporters understand that he is not exempt from criticism and that he is responsible for a number of our failings this season.

One facet that needs mentioning is that we failed to move on a few no hopers in the summer that would have freed up some spaces. Obika wasn’t wanted here or elsewhere and therefore stayed. Same with Raglan. KR was laboured with them and had to use them now and again. Having players on long contracts who are unwanted is tricky. I reckon we’re going to end up with the same situation with Mackie too.

George was with us on loan for 12 months, in that period he got key game time and improved considerably. One year on he was ready for the championship and went straight back into the Dons team.
By the way, I’m not a Robinson fan but I do think he handled the George situation okay.
I was beginning to think you are Robinson! :oops:
Im not a Robinson fan either, we have relegation form since he arrived, we have been in the relegation zone for the majority of the season, we are in the relegation zone now, I believe he was given a decent budget, for all his faults Tiger has put his hand in his pocket and bought players, Robinson has spent the money poorly. Yes Mapp went for quality over quantity but his squad was made up with young fit players enabling him to take an add chance (that didnt really work). Robbo may have tried for the same but we dont have the quality and he took many chances which havent worked, add in a bit of bad luck with Carruthers and we are in deep s**t.
Maybe he did a great job at MK, maybe he got very lucky, whatever the answer doesnt change he did a below par job at Charlton and despite stopping the slide last season and keeping us up, we are back on the slide again. He is doing a below par job here.

One facet that needs mentioning is that we failed to move on a few no hopers in the summer that would have freed up some spaces. Obika wasn’t wanted here or elsewhere and therefore stayed. Same with Raglan. KR was laboured with them and had to use them now and again. Having players on long contracts who are unwanted is tricky. I reckon we’re going to end up with the same situation with Mackie too.
Surely the worst decision was giving Shearer a new contract. KR doesn't think he is good enough to play but is great in the dressing room!!!!

I heard the comment on Saturday, what good would a change of manager do? New ideas, new tactics, new impetus, different approach as to how players are used in a match day 11. Also ultimately, when the next transfer window comes along, the opportunity to bring in players who aren't past it, uninjured.

The last time a poll was raised in the Oxford Mail, it was this opinion of the "ner do bothered," with the above attitude that kept him in his role, meaning we are now back deep in the relegation zone with the same manager.

This time Tiger needs to hear everyone who has had enough of failure, singing from the same hymn sheet.

With a new manager .... IF...a big if it is too, tiger in effect admits that HE got it wrong with his WOW appointment by showing KR the door..... where does that leave OUFC &any new appointment will inherit Derry?

Rumours regarding Derry having a punch up with Raglan have been circulating of late, albeit unsubstantiated, albeit often there's no smoke without fire?

If something like that did take place, emphasise the IF, apparent unrest in the squad/dressing room of late which has appeared evident certainly for the last 3 games (!) ,could be an explanation as to why OUFC have gone from a brilliant run of results to looking like relegation candidates.

Can anyone itk confirm or dismiss the rumoured behind the scenes unrest/turmoil?

Last edited:
The last time a poll was raised in the Oxford Mail, it was this opinion of the "ner do bothered," with the above attitude that kept him in his role, meaning we are now back deep in the relegation zone with the same manager.

Really? Are OM polls legally binding then?

With a new manager .... IF...a big if it is too, tiger in effect admits that HE got it wrong with his WOW appointment by showing KR the door..... where does that leave OUFC &any new appointment will inherit Derry?

Rumours regarding Derry having a punch up with Raglan have been circulating of late, albeit unsubstantiated often there's no smoke without fire?

If something like that did take place, emphasise the IF, apparent unrest in the squad/dressing room of late which has appeared evident certainly for the last 3 games (!) ,could be an explanation as to why OUFC have gone from a brilliant run of results to looking like relegation candidates.

Can anyone itk confirm or dismiss the rumoured behind the scenes unrest?
Is this about the 3rd rumour of Derry falling out with players. As for unsubstantiated rumours remember the one on Boxing Day or the 29th about the staff not being payed, well there was no smoke nor fire here as we signed a player yesterday for a fee.
A more likely reason for the sudden loss of form is the fact that the in hindsight failed (mostly) summer recruitment meant the 1st 11 remained unchanged despite the fact that some had knocks and others Dickie for example were clearly struggling.

See Tigers latest update. KR wears his heart on his sleeve. Not going anywhere.

Hurrah.

Just a bit of PR flannel. The type of thing companies of all descriptions feel they have to do, but pretty uninformative.

Is this about the 3rd rumour of Derry falling out with players. As for unsubstantiated rumours remember the one on Boxing Day or the 29th about the staff not being payed, well there was no smoke nor fire here as we signed a player yesterday for a fee.
A more likely reason for the sudden loss of form is the fact that the in hindsight failed (mostly) summer recruitment meant the 1st 11 remained unchanged despite the fact that some had knocks and others Dickie for example were clearly struggling.
Yep, a pretty beat up team that ran out of steam.

I would argue on one issue, he has been informative and that is that he is backing KR.
Well not a ringing endorsement IMO.
"One thing I admire a lot about Karl, Shaun, Faz and this group of players is that they wear their hearts on their sleeves." He then goes on to say "the Plymouth game in particular was not up to the standards we have set ". The only other mention is "It is time to stick together, get behind Karl, Shaun, Faz and the players and be as positive as we can despite the last three results." Standard stuff.
Anyway, given that if Tiger wrote this I am Jaap Stam's uncle, I don't think you can read that much into it either way really.

Back
Top Bottom