Next Manager

Yellows1

Thoughts please as Robinson surely has to go..............

Darrell Clarke is currently waiting for a phone call. He'll even take it over Skype...

Most likely Faz or someone else from within.
Then no effort or additional financial outgoing required by Tiger.

Paul Heckingbottom. Mark Warburton. Paul Hurst. Somebody at the club needs to be making calls TONIGHT!

Averaging a point a game over 40 odd games with one away win between this season and last.

Bye bye, Karly. Bye bye.

Robinson, Derry, Fazackerly send the 3 of 'em ALL on gardening leave immediately.... Chrissy Allen has got U23s playing excellent football, and installed real belief in his U23s and genuine pride for the badge and shirt .... give Chrissy the caretaker job for at least the time it takes to overhaul the sorry situation with the senior players and management. Chrissy couldnt do any worse than the three stooges

I'd almost started to feel sympathy for him, so many injuries and who knows what going on behind the scenes would have made things difficult for anyone but, after today to hear the reactions of those at the game and post commentary on Radox, it is clear that Robinson has no future at OUFC. He has failed to motivate the players, signed players carrying injuries, embarrassed us all with his foul mouthed touchline antics and has displayed a lack of any substance.

He should go. Tiger won't fire him, the non existent board won't fire him so what happens next?

People wanting Robinson sacked will be in for a supremely long wait...if it didn't happen after Luton then it sure as shitfire ain't gonna happen after that unbeaten run and progress in the cups.

A few factors to consider in the currently hypothetical search for a manager.

1. Keep Oxford United in League 1.

2. Give a new manager both time to assess his squad and bring in reinforcements during the brief January transfer window.

3. If they can keep Oxford up, what’s the plan thereafter?

Some of the names above I see as a long term planners (Appleton for example) but would struggle with keeping this current crop up without a fundamental change in ethos. Others would generate an immediate effect but may not be a solution long term.

Plenty to think about. My main worry would be having Tiger choosing someone considering his choice for manager was going to be Patrick Kluivert!

A few factors to consider in the currently hypothetical search for a manager.

1. Keep Oxford United in League 1.

2. Give a new manager both time to assess his squad and bring in reinforcements during the brief January transfer window.

3. If they can keep Oxford up, what’s the plan thereafter?

Some of the names above I see as a long term planners (Appleton for example) but would struggle with keeping this current crop up without a fundamental change in ethos. Others would generate an immediate effect but may not be a solution long term.

Plenty to think about. My main worry would be having Tiger choosing someone considering his choice for manager was going to be Patrick Kluivert!

could Big Ron Atkinson be tempted for half a season?;););) .... tank for me was the best manager we never had

The only thing that might mean Tiger does something is that was in attendance for both of the home games over Christmas and hopefully will be embarrassed into doing something.

Pretty sure that it will be an internal process if he does and I'd love to see Chrissy Allen be given the chance. Not sure hoe big a step up it is from under 23s to the full squad but he can't do any worse than KR is doing.

I wonder how closely he works with the mains squad, if at all. Would it be an easy transition?

Back
Top Bottom