Next Manager

I’d take anyone over Robinson at the the moment. I can’t remember ever feeling that strongly about a managerial change before but it’s obvious the situation is a mess and we’re sliding back to league 2 without change.

Pep Clotet?

Pep Clotet?
Strangely, I don’t think I was so concerned with Clotet. Don’t get me wrong, I thought he was crap, butnow with Tiger at the helm I do wonder what will happen to us if we start to slide back down the leagues. I’m a lot more nervous about our welfare this time

Why not post his ideal starting 11 now? It's not as if it will change anything and you're hardly being sensitive to confidentialities.
There were no confidentialities - in fact the exact words used by him that day were "I don't care who knows what from what's said today." The only things he asked not to be made public were a couple of things regarding personal issues with a few players, which frankly he shouldn't have said whether they were on or off the record. But while he's still the manager, and those players still need to play for him to at least some extent, it won't help as numerous players do read this forum. Doesn't matter to me that he said he didn't care, because as I've said before he is a very silly man, and just because he says he's fine with the world knowing what he thinks of his squad doesn't mean it's a good idea. But as soon as he's gone, and those players who would be hacked off at him can simply laugh and shrug it off because he's gone and it doesn't mean anything, I'm certainly going to put it up, because I'm tired of him spouting lies in public to make himself sound better and cleverer than he is. All of this while other people defend him and attack people who think he's rubbish, despite him averaging around a point a game across some 40 matches in charge, achieving only one away win in that entire period.

What I will say, however, is that it's nowhere NEAR what it was when we were bundling our way through a relatively decent run (fat lot of good that ended up doing anyway). Yet the entire time we were subjected to comments from certain fans about how great he was, and comments from himself about how this player is fantastic, how that player's really showing how good he knows they are etc, when it's completely at odds with his actual opinions. I don't like the man, I don't like his record across nearly an entire season of football matches, and I'm basing that both on his returns in terms of results and also on firsthand experience of sitting down and listening to him for several hours. You can't say fairer than that, forming an opinion on someone based on direct dealings with them and analysing the reality of what they've produced in terms of results in their job, but I'm sure that won't stop multiple people having a pop regardless, due to some sort of bizarre notion of what being a supporter actually means. Doesn't matter what I or others say, or the circumstances from which knowledge was gained and opinions formed, because if it's negative then that just means you're ripe for a dig in the ribs.

If he was as rubbish as you say how did Milton Keynes,Charlton and Oxford give him a job?All 3 clubs ambitious in wanting to get to the Championship.

If he was as rubbish as you say how did Milton Keynes,Charlton and Oxford give him a job?All 3 clubs ambitious in wanting to get to the Championship.
Ah, you mean the MK Dons he ran out of steam with and got sacked by after getting them relegated and then proceeding to struggle badly in the league below, and then the Charlton he lasted a year or so at before 'leaving', much to the relief of the fans who then watched a novice manager turn the same team around and get into the playoffs, and then the Oxford he's taken a point a game with across nearly a season of football while winning once away from home? Perfect. The man has spent one season in the Championship across what, nine years of management, and that means he must be good? Judge what's in front of you, and what his record over the last three years or so has been like across three different League One clubs. Otherwise your argument holds about as much water as me standing in the middle of Trafalgar Square after the 2014 World Cup humiliation, or the Iceland debacle of Euro 2016, and shouting, "We won the World Cup once, and we got to a semi in 1990, and we did alright in Euro '96, how dare you say England are rubbish!"

If you think his record since he turned up here isn't incredibly poor, if you think he didn't hugely underachieve at Charlton given what the exact same squad of players did immediately after he left, and if you think he had a good last year or so at MK, more power to you. But he didn't, and I'll judge him on that, not on one promotion to the second tier in nearly a decade of football management. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Since the summer of 2015 he has done nothing but fail, and that's three and a half years.

Last edited:
Well I did mean the Milton Keynes side he had in the playoffs 2 years in a row then 10th then the one he got promotion to the championship.so that's 3 good years plus a reasonable year.At Charlton he finished 13th after taking over in November and Robinsons team finished in the playoffs although he left in March of that year,so again at least reasonable years.
But above all that is the fact that theses 3 teams all want promotion to the Championship.
So no I didn't just judge him on 1 season.

Does anybody still believe the bs and rhetoric from Tiger ?

I never have and, my deepest concern, is that he’s another Kassam. He’s here to make some money and get out as quick as possible. I think he might be struggling to see how he can do that and thus the rumours are flying around about him trying to get out and flog the club on to somebody else. He did very well out of his time at Reading but I think he’s finding it a much more difficult task here.

I'm normally sat on the positivity bus with the "give him a chance, he might turn it around" people. However my mind is made up that he really is a very poor manager and will likely lead us to relegation, the records don't lie. If we average a point per game as he has so far we will end up on 46 points and surely down. The guy clearly cannot handle the stress of the job as can be seen by his interview at plymouth and he looks to have lost the dressing room. Players appear to be lining up to get out of here and who would blame them?
Tiger needs to get his head out of the sand and prove he has the guts to run a football club, sack the guy before it's too late! Relegation will cost more than a new manager.

Last edited:
Not bothering to answer,great argument there!
Robbo has got one promotion on his CV, it really should be on Deli Alli's, it was him who got MK promoted.
It seems to have been forgotten that George Baldock came to us from MK where Robbo considered him to be their 3rd choice right back until Appleton showed him what he had. That alone should raise alarm bells on his ability to judge a player.

37 points from 36 games is poor for a manager who has loads of league one experience, you don’t go for someone who knows the division and expect them to take so long to have an effect.

It just hasn’t really worked here for him, he appears a bit lost and his signings have been a bit disastrous. Add in the fact he appears to be one of the new breed of managers who decides on one formation and then refuses to budge no matter how ill suited it is and what in paper appeared a decent appointment has gone badly wrong.

Can’t see us sacking him, doesn’t seem something the club would do at the moment, but you struggle to see a happy ending, I have a feeling this ends with relegation and then him going.

Robbo has got one promotion on his CV, it really should be on Deli Alli's, it was him who got MK promoted.
It seems to have been forgotten that George Baldock came to us from MK where Robbo considered him to be their 3rd choice right back until Appleton showed him what he had. That alone should raise alarm bells on his ability to judge a player.

You mean like the ability to spot Dele Alli's potential and nurture it from very early on. The ability to spot George Baldock's potential early on which without KR doing he may never have played for us. He signed Gavin Whyte and gave Shandon Baptiste a chance. They aren't the only ones.

All managers make mistakes on players for many reasons even MApp and Ferguson.

Also, how did Dele Alli manage to play all 11 positions, game in game out to win the Championship? On that theory Roofe won promotion for us, nothing to do with the other players or MApp at all.

I agree in that it is quite possible that it will take a relegation to get rid of him. Of course the reverse of that is that if we should somehow escape the drop, we might be stuck with him.

I thought progress was being made and then along come three defeats over Christmas. It’s the nature of the defeats that concern me. A home defeat by two goals to one of our relegation rivals followed up by a mauling at Plymouth. Our fixture list for January looks daunting.
When we played at Brentford we emerged with a 4-0 win, I can’t see us winning up there. Two away defeats in the league wouldn’t be unexpected on current form which could leave us bottom again.
The question for me is has Robinson lost the dressing room. I don’t like his rantings when things are going badly. Three weeks ago we were on a good run and now we are looking at starting a catastrophic one. What happened to those easy home wins resulting in our best home wins in years?
If we are going to change managers I hope we are not going to look at the likes of Cotterill, but it will be hard to find many who would want to take over a struggling L1 side without some commitment to squad improvement.
I personally think Robinson won’t be going anywhere for a few weeks yet. Hopefully he can turn around our fortunes.
I’m surprised Reading missed out on appointing Parkinson. He just might rescue our season if he exits Bolton which after Saturday may well just happen

Back
Top Bottom