Matches Newport U18s V OUFC U18s title clincher today?

Miss watching the youngsters nearly as much as the first team. Massive credit to Dan Harris and all the coaches at all levels. Great future ahead.

Is this their last game or have they a few weeks to go? Once they finish maybe we could stick one or two on the senior bench for a bit of experience.
Are we able to do the same with the u21s whose loans at step 2 clubs have come to an end??

Is this their last game or have they a few weeks to go? Once they finish maybe we could stick one or two on the senior bench for a bit of experience.
Are we able to do the same with the u21s whose loans at step 2 clubs have come to an end??
I think that they go into another group of league games as per previous seasons.
I suspect that there maybe a couple on the first team.bench if we drop out of the play off chase

Young guns firing on cylinders then (hope the first team do the same!)....great result n league winners too

I think that they go into another group of league games as per previous seasons.
I suspect that there maybe a couple on the first team.bench if we drop out of the play off chase

Yes, assuming it is as other seasons then they split into 2 Merit Leagues from the existing 2 Southern Divisions. Top 6 (I think but could be 5) of both Divisions go into 1 League and the bottom teams go into another.

Generally I think the 1st stage is looked on more favourably, if Leagues are considered important at all, as after the split then teams tend to try u16s/trialists etc for the following year's intake. Of course, our players who will be released are also trying to get contracts elsewhere.

We are ahead in that last point already as we've been using mostly 1st years and u15/16s this season with a few 2nd years. This assumes I've remembered previous articles correctly.

Edit: Remiss of me not to say congratulations to the players and coaching staff. Top work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom