Newcastle Utd (FA Cup)

Not likely two reasons to expensive and not really an exciting day out ?
My excuse is I’m working otherwise I would be at gillingham ?
third reason being Gillingham are ,apparently, a bunch of Kent's ?

FWIW, I think the BBC should always show the lowest ranked team left in & the holders and let BT (or whichever subscription channel has the rights at the time) show whatever they want.

So we'll be on TV for the 5th round then.

And the 6th.

At least those of us who aren’t at gills today can do a scouting mission on Newcastle today on sky at 5 against chekski

Geordie in peace here.

Happy to give Bed, Beer and Bhuna advice. Saw someone say that parking is a nightmare. If you're staying over you'll be able to park at the hotel, no bother. If you're just popping up for the match park at the MetroCentre. Free parking, just off the A1, regular cheap trains to the city centre. Plus it's a massive shopping centre so there's plenty of places to grab some food before and/or after the match.

There aren't any "away" pubs because as long as you don't act up you'll be more than welcome in any. Away fans travelling in numbers tend to go to the Mile Caste or the Union Rooms which are staggering distance from the Central Station. Both big pubs with reasonable beer. For more discerning palate try the Forth, the Town Wall and the like.

Plenty of great food in Newcastle now, everything from House of Tides down to Fat Hippo Underground.

Anyone who is aiming to come up for the weekend but hasn't sorted hotels yet, try the coast and just get the Metro in. Cheap, doesn't take long, simple lay out as well.

Would expect about 30k in the ground, unless we make the kind of signing that reinvigorates the crowd. Bruce will likely play a fairly strong side, but there'll still be a few changes from our first team, I reckon.

Hope those who're coming up have a good time

Geordie in peace here.

Happy to give Bed, Beer and Bhuna advice. Saw someone say that parking is a nightmare. If you're staying over you'll be able to park at the hotel, no bother. If you're just popping up for the match park at the MetroCentre. Free parking, just off the A1, regular cheap trains to the city centre. Plus it's a massive shopping centre so there's plenty of places to grab some food before and/or after the match.

There aren't any "away" pubs because as long as you don't act up you'll be more than welcome in any. Away fans travelling in numbers tend to go to the Mile Caste or the Union Rooms which are staggering distance from the Central Station. Both big pubs with reasonable beer. For more discerning palate try the Forth, the Town Wall and the like.

Plenty of great food in Newcastle now, everything from House of Tides down to Fat Hippo Underground.

Anyone who is aiming to come up for the weekend but hasn't sorted hotels yet, try the coast and just get the Metro in. Cheap, doesn't take long, simple lay out as well.

Would expect about 30k in the ground, unless we make the kind of signing that reinvigorates the crowd. Bruce will likely play a fairly strong side, but there'll still be a few changes from our first team, I reckon.

Would Ox fans be welcome in the Strawberry?

Ticket office don’t get them till Monday at the earliest..

If we have sold 3,000 tickets and say, on average, there are 2 tickets per order then the ticket office staff have to sort 1,500 envelopes. That is helluva lot of work for those ticket office staff on Monday.

If we have sold 3,000 tickets and say, on average, there are 2 tickets per order then the ticket office staff have to sort 1,500 envelopes. That is helluva lot of work for those ticket office staff on Monday.
I'd hope some are online print at home, Newcastle aren't some sort of Mickey Mouse outfit (like Sunderland ?)

Geordie in peace here.

Geordie in peace here.

My friend is unsure if they can go, I don't really fancy doing the coach on my own, I know that sounds odd but it's a long journey! Lol anyone else going by themselves?
Get on the coach, log into Grindr and see what happens.......may be a fruitful trip.

Geordie in peace here.

What’s it like for blue badge parking around the ground ?

Make sure you check if thinking about going by train. I’ve heard there’s line work scheduled that weekend. Put some mates living in London off. They’re now coming to Oxford and getting the LRCoaches.
Fairly sure trains are running from St Pancras, change at Sheffield i believe and you can get to Newcastle

Fairly sure trains are running from St Pancras, change at Sheffield i believe and you can get to Newcastle

They are running from St Pancras but they will be extremely busy if the last Kings Cross closure is anything to go by.

Is it not possible to go Oxford - Birmingham - Sheffield - Newcastle? Just asking, to lazy to sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom