Newcastle Utd (FA Cup)

The football specials were brilliant. You certainly got what you paid for. Good fun winding the coppers up as well

Leeds away by football special in the League Cop in 83. Missed our goal and almost all the first half but still bricked on arrival in Leeds. Train got trashed on the way back.

I’m travelling down from Edinburgh with my 6 year old son for his first game, bringing along my mate and his son as well. Only problem is we’ve been allocated seats in row X, how allocated is allocated at away days? It doesn’t bother me when I’m on my own and sit at the seat I’m given.
If we turn up a bit early and grab some seats lower down will get some grief?

I’m travelling down from Edinburgh with my 6 year old son for his first game, bringing along my mate and his son as well. Only problem is we’ve been allocated seats in row X, how allocated is allocated at away days? It doesn’t bother me when I’m on my own and sit at the seat I’m given.
Should be fine in lower down seats, it's more the seats higher up where the singing section will likely take over most of the back rows

Should be fine in lower down seats, it's more the seats higher up where the singing section will likely take over most of the back rows
We took 5,240 tickets & have sold 4000 so likely they’ll be plenty of room.

Leeds away by football special in the League Cop in 83. Missed our goal and almost all the first half but still bricked on arrival in Leeds. Train got trashed on the way back.

Taken by double decker buses straight to the ground, ages before the kick off, kept penned in on that corner terrace by the plod (no access to food or loos). Scrap at the terminus after the game. Stopped at Derby and bought beer from the platform cafe. Nearly crashed car on A40 getting back to Aylesbury. That’s what I remember!

What is our record away attendance (not including Wembley)?

What is our record away attendance (not including Wembley)?

I would surmise Villa in the Milk Cup semi must be top.
Also taken lots to Birmingham, Cov, Brighton, QPR, Scum etc in the days before we were officially counted.

You've got to sit in the seat designated on your ticket. It's just pot luck wherever that is.

I would surmise Villa in the Milk Cup semi must be top.
Also taken lots to Birmingham, Cov, Brighton, QPR, Scum etc in the days before we were officially counted.
I'd have guessed Arsenal in the FA Cup, round after we knocked out the scummers. Also had loads for the Spurs game when Gazza murdered us.

If you sit in our seats you’ll be politely asked to move. Sit where your ticket says you should sit, then at 2:55 swop with somebody appropriate.

FA Cup rd 4. 1991. 4-2 spurs if I remember correctly?
if memory serves, there was practically a procession of Oxford supporters being thrown out of the ground,from before kick off onwards, at that cup game

if memory serves, there was practically a procession of Oxford supporters being thrown out of the ground,from before kick off onwards, at that cup game
Yep, think so, can certainly remember a few around us thrown out after Nayim did a really blatant dive for a penalty (that thankfully wasn't given) right in front of us.

Back
Top Bottom