Newcastle Utd (FA Cup)

Make sure you check if thinking about going by train. I’ve heard there’s line work scheduled that weekend. Put some mates living in London off. They’re now coming to Oxford and getting the LRCoaches.

Make sure you check if thinking about going by train. I’ve heard there’s line work scheduled that weekend. Put some mates living in London off. They’re now coming to Oxford and getting the LRCoaches.
very early start for them then, coaches are leaving Greenoble Rd at 6.45am I understand?

Ticket sorted, hotel sorted, transport sorted. Bring it on!

Correct King's Cross is closed all weekend.

My friend is unsure if they can go, I don't really fancy doing the coach on my own, I know that sounds odd but it's a long journey! Lol anyone else going by themselves?

If you are going on a coach you won`t be on your own..... you`ll have something in common with everyone else as well (y)

Indeed, I went by coach to Sunderland (at Roker Park) once for a midweek game. Iirc it was Mark Druce's one good game for us as he tore their defence apart. No problems and people were happy to chat.

From their website...

"The next game is against Oxford so there's no reason why we can't have a little run. "

Put that up in the dressing room.

Cheeky fuckers! Took them two attempts to put out Rochdale, even with Rochdale giving them some help!

Cheeky fuckers! Took them two attempts to put out Rochdale, even with Rochdale giving them some help!

Short memory as well given last time we played in the Cup.

Only just realised there were SIX ties picked for TV and this wasn’t of them. City v Fulham and Northampton v Derby instead of this. REALLY?

Only just realised there were SIX ties picked for TV and this wasn’t of them. City v Fulham and Northampton v Derby instead of this. REALLY?
Rooneyfest isn't it?!

I think the tv companies needed to pick early and Rochdale v Oxford wouldn't have been very attractive. If Newcastle had gone through first time round I'm sure we'd have been picked.

Yes, there is the Rooney angle but Northampton are the lowest ranked team left in the competition I think & are at home so deserve to be on the telly imo. And City are the holders and again, imo, they should be on tv, just in case they get knocked out.

If Tranmere beat Watford then fair enough, they will be on but who wants to watch Watford v Man fuckin U?

FWIW, I think the BBC should always show the lowest ranked team left in & the holders and let BT (or whichever subscription channel has the rights at the time) show whatever they want.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom