Home Match Day Thread Newcastle Replay Tickets............

I know hindsight is a great thing but if only we’d had a temporary stand up this season ,it would of had some serious use and we wouldn’t look tinpot on national TV
Tinpot?
Dont get that argument.
I would much rather our stadium than many many others. I’d rather a fence for instance, than a gazebo aka Bristol Rovers.
We have a healthy capacity for league one football and I don’t think that makes us tinpot at all.

Tinpot?
Dont get that argument.
I would much rather our stadium than many many others. I’d rather a fence for instance, than a gazebo aka Bristol Rovers.
We have a healthy capacity for league one football and I don’t think that makes us tinpot at all.
I love watching football in a wind tunnel !!!

I love watching football in a wind tunnel !!!
How does that make us look tinpot as you put it on national tv?
What I see is a sell out stadium, with the team in yellow playing good football.
The end without a stand has no bearing at all on the enjoyment of people watching on tv. I’m certain people tune in for goals and good football.

Tinpot?
Dont get that argument.
It's not just the tinpot look though. Imagine if we had a temp stand to put the away fans in and the whole of the north full of oxford with no segregation issues. I bet the atmosphere would be ace. - does anyone know what the north stand holds?

For those waiting Block 26 will not be opened to Oxford fans due to the requirements of the competition to give away fans more allocation.

It's not just the tinpot look though. Imagine if we had a temp stand to put the away fans in and the whole of the north full of oxford with no segregation issues. I bet the atmosphere would be ace. - does anyone know what the north stand holds?

For us to have a stand big enough to hold all the away fans would require a capacity of about 2,000. The Jim Smith stand holds 2,800.

I’m asking specifically about what he said as he said “look tinpot on national tv” and I think he is well wide of the mark.

£33,750 each according to bbc website

Last year when Manchester United visited Cambridge United for the 3rd Round tie they game was shown live on TV and Cambridge made £144,000 with Television Fees for live broadcast. They held United to a 0-0 draw and earned a very lucrative replay where they also received £72,000 for Television fee plus the massive 45% gate receipt revenue. So FA Cup represent a good value for money as far as lower league teams are concerned.

FA Cup Television Fees Breakdown:
Clubs are awarded a certain fee for every time their match is broadcasted live in UK. here is how television fee is provided to clubs.

Television Fee For Every Live Match Broadcasted
ROUNDSLIVELIVE REPLAY
FA Cup – Round 1£67,500 £33,750
FA Cup – Round 2£72,000£36,000
FA Cup – Round 3£144,000£72,000
FA Cup – Round 4£144,000£72,000
FA Cup – Round 5£247,500£123,750
FA Cup – Round 6£247,500£123,750

This suggests that the TV revenue goes to both teams so it will be £72k each plus 45% of gate receipts after costs.

The geordies have been given 1800 which they will sell out, should be a cracking atmosphere ?

Of course having no stand at one end is detrimental to the look of the Stadium but there is no need at the moment to be negative at the moment just go with the positivity.
At least a camera at the fence end will have many choices for position!

For those waiting Block 26 will not be opened to Oxford fans due to the requirements of the competition to give away fans more allocation.

Working on capacity of 12,000, then away allocation of 15% is 1,800. If segregation is 300 seats (10 seats wide) then that means half of block 26 could be open to Oxford fans.

Working on capacity of 12,000, then away allocation of 15% is 1,800. If segregation is 300 seats (10 seats wide) then that means half of block 26 could be open to Oxford fans.
Okay... ticket office told me today that block 26 will not be opened for this reason. I find it unlikely we will halve a block.

Back
Top Bottom