New training ground on the way

Archieyellow

Hear we are looking at a new training ground as OCC are playing games of who should be paying for what, i think it’s also the same for the ground, did also hear 2 sites have been found

Hear we are looking at a new training ground as OCC are playing games of who should be paying for what, i think it’s also the same for the ground, did also hear 2 sites have been found
Two sites for grounds (stadia) have been found or two sites for training grounds?

Bloody hell, we’ve only just sorted out the current one!
I know the new MD has been going around local clubs looking at their setups and may have one or two locations that we want to look at further, it’s seems a bit of a joke but I’m lead to believe work is at a standstill at Horspath and has been for weeks.

I know the new MD has been going around local clubs looking at their setups and may have one or two locations that we want to look at further, it’s seems a bit of a joke but I’m lead to believe work is at a standstill at Horspath and has been for weeks.

New MD?

They were training on it today and saying how good the pitches were. It’s new

We couldn’t even afford to move the cryo chamber from the stadium to the existing training ground last season, nor to replace it in the event that it broke during the move. How the hell would we suddenly have the means to build yet another training ground, which would cost infinitely more than any sort of unexpected difference in the charges? It would be like not being able to afford a new bathroom, then having a bust up over the rent on a flat, and responding by somehow building a mansion. The finishing touches are still being put on the damn thing as it is - why would we blow a tonne of cash and put in an entire year of work just to storm out over who pays for the broadband?

I want some of what your 'source' is on.

You heard? Source please.
Was told by a family member who is a coach at a well known football club in Oxfordshire that the MD of us spent time last week looking at the training bits they use. He told me a bit like the ground that we were in the situation where we were expected to pay for extra running costs so where weighing up options

The club has said that it is looking at options for a new stadium so it's not a huge leap to think that they may also be looking at new training facilities at the same time. That doesn't mean that we're leaving the training ground anytime soon, or the Kassam for that matter. However, it's encouraging that other options are being looked at, even if you believe the stories of financial woe.

Was told by a family member who is a coach at a well known football club in Oxfordshire that the MD of us spent time last week looking at the training bits they use. He told me a bit like the ground that we were in the situation where we were expected to pay for extra running costs so where weighing up options
The MD isn’t new

Seems strange they would have just pumped £100’s of thousands into the current training complex including completely kitting out the building and starting from scratch on the pitches if they were looking to move, there again maybe they just can’t get those showers working.

Seems strange they would have just pumped £100’s of thousands into the current training complex including completely kitting out the building and starting from scratch on the pitches if they were looking to move, there again maybe they just can’t get those showers working.
And it must be a nightmare since those lawnmowers were repossessed!!! My missus is banging on about me doing the lawn today and I only did it a week or 2 ago!!!

And it must be a nightmare since those lawnmowers were repossessed!!! My missus is banging on about me doing the lawn today and I only did it a week or 2 ago!!!
Well without lawn mowers they could ask the courts for those on community service to turn up with their scissors and cut the grass......or is that to extreme ?

Well without lawn mowers they could ask the courts for those on community service to turn up with their scissors and cut the grass......or is that to extreme ?
Its strange as in all the pictures from the training ground they have some very nice mowers, a tractor, spreader, new irrigation and drainage systems put in place, to massively upgrade the basic pitches we took over.

This is a very strange post.
It sounds like the club have spent a large amount on the training facilities. I can only assume that there was a detailed contract for the use of the facilities. So I would be surprised if we could get out of the contract without huge cost.
If the Council are managing to charge for costs the club didnt anticipate, then there would again be questions of the lawyers and commercial people agreeing the deal. This happened with Kassam and appears to be happening too often IF true.

Back
Top Bottom