General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Firoka Oxford United Stadium Limited have extended their accounting reference date from September 2021 to December 2021.
It looks like this is to line up with other group companies, however it also means the accounts don't need to be filed for another few months - I wonder if there might be some interesting stadium related disclosures in there?

New website for our new stadium.

How very exciting although I was hoping for a nice stadium design spec on the front page!

Brilliant to see engagement with the community!

Look forward to having my say when the next consultation period for non Kidlington residents opens. THIS WILL BE OUR NEXT CALL TO ARMS FELLOW YELLOWS!!

Would be great to see one of those flyers on here if anyone could arrange that? @OUSP Secretary @OxVox perhaps?

Last edited:

They could do with getting an SSL certificate for it!

The name Community Stadium? (until sponsor maybe changes that). Better than the K**sam of course, but I quite like just 'Stratfield Brake'.

Maybe the main stand will be arch shaped? or even a Wembley-esque arch 😄

Or maybe I'm just looking too much into it. Which is most likely.

Anyway, getting it done is the most important thing right now!

The name Community Stadium? (until sponsor maybe changes that). Better than the K**sam of course, but I quite like just 'Stratfield Brake'.

Maybe the main stand will be arch shaped? or even a Wembley esc arch 😄

Yeah, and starting direct consultation with the local residents is a huge step forward

Maybe the main stand will be arch shaped? or even a Wembley-esque arch 😄

You're looking into it too much.

The rationale behind calling it the Community Stadium is twofold. Firstly, because that's what it is, and the club want to get that message out there early. Secondly because naming rights are very lucrative, and we don't want Stratfield Brake to stick too much, otherwise it'll devalue the naming rights when the time comes along to sell them. This is why Spurs' new ground is still known as The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, rather than White Hart Lane. It's a very conscious marketing decision.

You're looking into it too much.

The rationale behind calling it the Community Stadium is twofold. Firstly, because that's what it is, and the club want to get that message out there early. Secondly because naming rights are very lucrative, and we don't want Stratfield Brake to stick too much, otherwise it'll devalue the naming rights when the time comes along to sell them. This is why Spurs' new ground is still known as The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, rather than White Hart Lane. It's a very conscious marketing decision.
Yeah of course I do understand the rationale behind the Community Stadium name.

I was only getting a bit excited in regard to looking into any clues about the stadium within the logo, in response to NorthWestOx's comment.

Let's hope everything goes smoothly first anyway!🤞Nice to see some positive progress though.

Anyone with friends or family in Kidlington, Godford, Water Eaton and surrounding areas:

PLESAE ENCOURAGE THEM TO FILL THIS SHORT SURVEY IN INDIVIDUALLY OVER THE NEXT WEEK OR SO.

The rest of us will all do so, and encourage others to do so, next month when it opens up to all fans but it’s important that positive local views are well represented.

Ultimately it’ll be the local authority engagement and statutory consultations which will be most important but we can all help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom