General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a true green/environmentalist, surely you have to consider the wider impact of any proposed development rather than just the impact locally?

Yes, the stadium proposal is going to eat into some green belt land, but - assuming the clubs delivers on their promises of an environmentally friendly (have they committed to net zero?) - it's going to be more environmentally friendly than the current stadium and therefore better for the wider environment of Oxfordshire.

I really do think the Greens are using environmental concerns as a smokescreen for a basic NIMBY attitude.

If you're a true green/environmentalist, surely you have to consider the wider impact of any proposed development rather than just the impact locally?

Yes, the stadium proposal is going to eat into some green belt land, but - assuming the clubs delivers on their promises of an environmentally friendly (have they committed to net zero?) - it's going to be more environmentally friendly than the current stadium and therefore better for the wider environment of Oxfordshire.

I really do think the Greens are using environmental concerns as a smokescreen for a basic NIMBY attitude.
Absolutely, they're using green sentiment as a cover for snobbery too.

giphy.gif

Following information from @Colin B and @Manorlounger on another thread I wanted to hijack this thread with the message to residents of Kidlington East re. local election this week.

VOTE for the STADIUM
VOTE for NIGEL SIMPSON

Local issues more important than political allegiances.
Has any candidates said in their campaign literature that they're supportive of the stadium? I think they see it as a vote loser unfortunately.

Don’t live in the area but if I did I would vote for the candidate who is willing to allow the building of a first class leisure facility which will benefit local people for years to come rather than some nimbys who don’t want any improvements/changes ever.

It’s not just an Oxford United thing, if the same opportunity arose in my local area I would vote for the pro councillor, would love to have improved leisure facilities and jobs created round my way. Wouldn’t bother me what the national party of the candidate was.

Don’t live in the area but if I did I would vote for the candidate who is willing to allow the building of a first class leisure facility which will benefit local people for years to come rather than some nimbys who don’t want any improvements/changes ever.

It’s not just an Oxford United thing, if the same opportunity arose in my local area I would vote for the pro councillor, would love to have improved leisure facilities and jobs created round my way. Wouldn’t bother me what the national party of the candidate was.
Even if it was Brexit/Reform/UKIP/BNP?

Discussed on the ownership thread but thought I'd put here too, property company set up through which the development of Stratfield Brake and future management of the stadium will trade through: Screenshot_20220504-124628_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220504-124813_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
Discussed on the ownership thread but thought I'd put here too, property company set up through which the development of Stratfield Brake and future management of the stadium will trade through: View attachment 8739View attachment 8740

It’s just a company so far. Easy to set one up for £100 or so. Who knows , there could be another company set up tomorrow called for instance oxford brake stadium limited.

So nobody knows what the first company is going to do. Just speculation.

It’s just a company so far. Easy to set one up for £100 or so. Who knows , there could be another company set up tomorrow called for instance oxford brake stadium limited.

So nobody knows what the first company is going to do. Just speculation.
OUFC announce they'd like a new stadium and identify a site and begin discussions with local authorities and stakeholders. Board members of OUFC are directors of a newly formed company with a SIC code of 'building commercial properties' which is registered at the training ground if OUFC. Its a common opco/propco arrangement. It's clear to me what that company is for!

Let's hope the company is needed fir an actual development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom