General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
It helped clarify things for me.

The other interesting parts to note are the 3 "Restricted enclosure's" given at the end of the document. All, apparently, relate to "financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information)" - No idea what that may include or, who may be affected but we can speculate!

Too early for proof of funding when the final cost of the stadium isn't known?

Hahahaha.

A Council I worked for the Council Chamber was known as 'The Playground' due to the level of discourse on occasions.

Many Councillors (regardless of their politics) were decent and professional. But there were a plenty who weren't.
Sounds like the Jackie Weaver viral video!

I'm sure that isn't a common example of Parish Councils!

I am very sorry but,democratically elected or not,that Middleton fella has got the sort of smug looking boat race that I just wanna slap.
you may have to wait in line, behind 'Jezza' ( Clarkson), after Councillor Middleton 'targeted' him for a bout of typical 'Middletonesque goading after the OCC vote re vegan-only food at County Council meetings in future

Anindya Bakrie is in he UK, I doubt he'll be starting discussions with the parish councils this week given how long they take to do anything but hopefully some progress on Stratfield Brake can be made as well as starting to plan for next season.Screenshot_20220318-164318_Instagram.jpg

It's not the public funds that is the really issue.
The train station near to Stratford Break is a main line.
Trains go from London, Wycombe, Oxford Station (8 minutes), Didcot ( 1 change circa 45 minutes) and a host if different places.
There may be the Cowley line to the science park, but whether i t will run trains just alternate Saturdays just for football fans? Even if it did the service would be limited.
Cllr Middleton really hasn't looked at this in any detail.
Oxford Parkway will also be connected to EWR which is due to enter service 2023/2024 therfore connecting Bletchley and MK in phase 1 with Bedford and Cambridge breing added. It is also planned that Aylesbury will be connected at somepoint. SB is the only location that would provide sufficient public transport access to any new stadium.

Elected officials showing bias towards their party or beliefs? Who'd have guessed!!!

Mr Middleton can bring forward whatever concerns or objections he likes without a single shread of evidence to support them. Those representing the club or the planning process will then have the opportunity to counter these concerns.

Nothing that has yet been presented by any of those objecting that is insurmountable, and the vast majority is easily dismissed with the FAQ's that are in the public domain.

As satisfying as it may be to argue on Twitter it only gives these people a platform that they otherwise wouldn't get. Ignore them.

Elected officials showing bias towards their party or beliefs? Who'd have guessed!!!

Mr Middleton can bring forward whatever concerns or objections he likes without a single shread of evidence to support them. Those representing the club or the planning process will then have the opportunity to counter these concerns.

Nothing that has yet been presented by any of those objecting that is insurmountable, and the vast majority is easily dismissed with the FAQ's that are in the public domain.
I feel that's the problem, their beliefs, and Cllr Middleton's especially are so deep rooted there's no way he'd go for anything being built on greenbelt land. Even if the stadium design is the most sympathetically designed stadium using the world's most advanced renewable energy systems and built entirely out of sustainable materials he and the parish councils will never allow it in their back yard.

As the landowners of Stratfield Brake, can OCC cancel the leases without their approval? If not I fear for this project.

The reason Cllr Middleton doesn't like Cherwell DC is that it's a Conservative council who have approved greenbelt developments previously which is why he said they shouldn't be involved in the planning decision-making process if it gets that far.

I feel that's the problem, their beliefs, and Cllr Middleton's especially are so deep rooted there's no way he'd go for anything being built on greenbelt land. Even if the stadium design is the most sympathetically designed stadium using the world's most advanced renewable energy systems and built entirely out of sustainable materials he and the parish councils will never allow it in their back yard.

As the landowners of Stratfield Brake, can OCC cancel the leases without their approval? If not I fear for this project.

The reason Cllr Middleton doesn't like Cherwell DC is that it's a Conservative council who have approved greenbelt developments previously which is why he said they shouldn't be involved in the planning decision-making process if it gets that far.

Will you give the negativity a rest ffs. If all your points were true nothing would ever get built anywhere as it would always be in someone's back yard! This is clearly not true so let the club deal with the planning process and see where we end up.

Mr Middleton, and his ill informed and pre-existing biases, is absolutely nothing to worry about. He will be politely and professionally engaged by the club and put right on all of the issues that he is raising. I’ve no doubt of this.

Last edited:
Will you give the negativity a rest ffs. If all your points were true nothing would ever get built anywhere as it would always be in someone's back yard! This is clearly not true so let the club deal with the planning process and see where we end up.
Let's hope I'm wrong.

Cellar was the church not college (St Michael’s and All Saints’ Charities were the landlord). Wheatsheaf was private developer. Jericho Tavern was brewery.

I don't think the university/colleges have had input into venues closing that I can think of, though there may be some.

The Jericho hasn’t closed

I agree with you but it does give you an indication of the mindset we're up against when he referred to those FAQs as "rather fanciful".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom